• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Insight from the 2011 UK Retail Banking Survey - Mortgages
Datamonitor, June 2011, Pages: 50
The UK mortgage market remains in a state of flux. Providers are looking to break into the market while borrowers are considering their options in light of the current economic situation. The growing concern regarding a rise in the base rate and the ongoing pressures on household income will change consumer attitudes and behaviors towards financial products and providers.
Features and benefits
- Presents key findings on the mortgage market from the 2011 UK Retail Banking Survey.
- Provides data on product holding, market share, channel usage, and repayment behavior.
- Segments the market by age and social grade across the various topics covered.
Interest only mortgages are most popular among consumers in the oldest and youngest age bands. They are also more popular among those who have bought their property with friends.
Consumers with two properties are most likely to have fallen behind with repayments. These consumers may have overextended into the buy-to-let market.
Borrowers who remortgage with a different lender are most likely to carry out their research with an IFA.
Your key questions answered
- Which company is best at cross-selling mortgage and current accounts?
- Which lender is most attractive for consumers who have switched their mortgage?
- How do channels used for researching the mortgage market vary by age band?
Slide pack content
Ask the analyst