- Language: English
- 134 Pages
- Published: September 2012
- Region: World
2007 U.S. Hospital Point-of-Care Survey
- Published: October 2007
- Region: United States
- Enterprise Analysis Corporation (EAC)
Enterprise Analysis Corporation, an international health care consulting firm, has been monitoring the POC market since 1999 and regularly publishes our results. The focus of these reports is to provide a snapshot of the status of the Point-of-Care hospital testing market, spot overall trends, detect the accep-tance of new technologies and identify important factors in the purchase decision. EAC conducts quantitative statistical surveys with a level of confidence of 95% and a margin of error of 5% focusing on those hospitals with 200 beds or more.
The 2007 survey provides an executive summary covering critical industry changes and trends and ad-dresses the following disciplines in depth – Cardiac Markers, Blood Glucose, Blood Gas & Electrolytes and Coagulation. In these disciplines EAC's survey provides market share data, instrument placement within the hospital, specific menu and test volumes, and purchase intent. The current study also notes POC testing for infectious disease and urine strips.
The report contains more than 70 pages of analysis, data and charts covering bedside testing trending and for each discipline EAC will provide its assessment of that POC category.
The report is ideal for any manufacturer looking to enter or improve their sales and marketing efforts in the Point-of-Care marketplace.
- Market Share – The survey provides meaningful market penetration data by discipline, vendor and instrument.
- Purchasing Factors-The study probes which factors are important to users in making instrument purchasing decisions, as well as their instrument purchases in the last 12 and planned for the next 12 months.
- Trend Information – Because EAC has monitored the market since 1999, trend analysis is pro-vided by discipline, technology, instrument share and other important categories.
Methodology and Statistics:
- EAC has conducted a series of telephone surveys of the US Hospital marketplace use of Point-of-Care instruments
Definition of hospital point-of-care has included diagnostic instruments used at or near bedside for blood-based diagnostic tests
- Surveys were done every two or three years beginning in 2000
Data in this survey was collected in August 2007
- Target population continues to be general and community hospitals with 200 or more beds
Survey excludes specialty hospitals such as psychiatric or rehabilitation institutions
- 2007 survey reached 317 institutions for a sampling statistic of 90% confidence with a 4% margin of error
All prior surveys have been extensive enough to have similar (or higher) statistical significance
- The target respondent is the Point-of-Care Coordinator usually a lab responsibility, however, all phoners have been trained to probe to determine whether POC / NPT instruments are also in place under other license arrangements
Respiratory or Nursing sometimes holds other CLIA certifications
- In addition, phoner have been asked to probe for instruments by the type of testing being done (glucose, blood gas, coagulation, etc) so the result is a comprehensive audit of diagnostic tools in use at or near bedside
- Executive Summary
- Cardiac Markers
- Blood Gas and Co-Oximetry
- Glucose and HbA1c
Topics included in the report include manufacturers and models in use, location of usage for instruments, volumes and growth, purchase intent, actual cardiac tests used, adherence to guidelines and protocols plus extrapolations to the market as a whole. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Methodology and Demographics
Summary of Findings
Findings by Disciplineo
i-STAT: A multipdisciplin instrumento
- Cardiac Testing: Volumes, Instruments, Testing Locations and Purchase Intent
- Blood Gas and Cooximetry Testing: Volumes, Instruments, Testing Locations and Purchase Intent
- Coagulation Testing: Volumes, Instruments, Testing Locations and Purchase Intent
- Glucose and HbA1c: Glycemic Management, Instruments, Testing Locations and Purchase Intent
- Bayer Diabetes Care
- Dade Behring
- Instrument Laboratory
- Nova Biomedical
- Waters Medical
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|