- Language: English
- 56 Pages
- Published: June 2011
- Region: Russia
Poland Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2011
- Published: June 2011
- Region: Poland
- 45 Pages
- Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International's Poland Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, electronics associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on Poland's consumer electronics industry.
Poland’s consumer electronics devices market, defined as the addressable market for computing devices, mobile handsets and video, audio and gaming products, is estimated at about US$6.8bn in 2011.
This is expected to increase at a CAGR of 6.9% to US$8.6bn by 2015, driven by growing popularity of digital lifestyle products such as feature-rich mobile PCs, LCD TV sets and digital cameras.
Poland’s consumer spending bounced back in 2010, with consumer electronics one of the retail categories this experiencing a strong rebound. Polish households will continue to have an uptrend in per capita incomes on account of ongoing trade and financial integration with the wider EU.
Computers Computer hardware accounted for about 49% of Poland’s consumer electronics spending in 2010, with demand from key verticals such as government and military. BMI forecasts Polish domestic hardware sales of US$3.4bn in 2011. Computer hardware CAGR for the 2011-2015 period is forecast at about 10.0%, driven by demand for notebooks and tablets.
AV Devices AV devices accounted for about 33% of Poland’s consumer electronics spending in 2010. Poland’s domestic AV device market is projected at US$2.2bn in 2011. Due to declining total sales of video products, a CAGR of 3.3% is projected for 2011-2015, despite continued growth in the flat-screen TV set category in 2010.
Mobile handset sales accounted for about 17% of Poland’s consumer electronics spending in 2010. Polish market handset sales are expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% to US$1.3bn in 2015. Sales will be dominated by the replacement market, with growing demand for smartphones and 3G handsets. Operator campaigns to attract higher value customers and push their mobile data services will drive smartphone sales. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Poland Consumer Electronics Market SWOT
- Poland Political SWOT
- Poland Economic SWOT
- Poland Business Environment SWOT
Business Environment Ratings
Consumer Electronics Market
- Table: PC Sales
- Table: AV Sales
- Table: Mobile Communications
- Table: Electronics Output, 2008-2015
- Table: Manufacture of Computers, Electronic and Optical Products (index) July 2009 – July 2010 (previous month = 100)
- Table: Poland Electronics Sector: Employment (2009)
- Table: Electronics Trade, 2008-2015
- Table: Electronics Production By Segment, 2008-2015
- Table: FDI By Asian LCD TV Set Manufacturers In Poland
- Table: Manufacture Of Office Machines And Computers (units) August 2009-July 2010
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Consumer Electronics Market
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview, 2008-2015
- Industry Developments
- Macroeconomic Forecast
- Table: Poland – GDP Contribution To Growth, 2008-2015
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Electronics Industry