• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Despite Varying Risks And Profitability, Southeast Asia Banks Are Likely To Stay The Course, Says S&P Report Jul 11
Standard & Poors, July 2011
SINGAPORE (Standard & Poor's) July 25, 2011--Southeast Asian banks are likely to remain resilient this year, after the strong regional economic recovery in 2010, says Standard & Poor's Ratings Services in a report published today. Overall, most banks in Southeast Asia have high loans growth and low to moderate credit costs, but they continue to vary considerably in profitability and risk management practices, said the report titled "Despite Varying Risks And Profitability, Southeast Asian Banks Are Likely To Remain Healthy." Banks in emerging markets, such as Indonesia, have higher loan margins, while those in more mature markets, such as Singapore and Malaysia, face margin pressure due to competition. In a separate Standard & Poor's report released recently, we believe the...
Action: S&P Event
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research type: News
This product is a is a brief one-page announcement of no more than 500 words with a quote from the analyst. It is media and investor focused with no accompanying commentary article.
- DBS Bank Ltd.
- Bangkok Bank Public Co. Ltd.
- KASIKORNBANK PCL
- Malayan Banking Bhd.
- Siam Commercial Bank Public Co. Ltd.
- PT Bank Danamon Indonesia Tbk.
- PT Bank Internasional Indonesia Tbk.
- PT Bank CIMB Niaga Tbk. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- United Overseas Bank Ltd.
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp. Ltd.
- TMB Bank Public Co. Ltd.
- Krung Thai Bank Public Co. Ltd.
- Bank of Ayudhya Public Co. Ltd.
- Public Bank Bhd.
- RHB Bank Bhd.
- CIMB Bank Bhd.
- Development Bank of the Philippines
- Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- Philippine National Bank
- Bank Indonesia
- PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk.
- United Overseas Bank (Thai) Public Co. Ltd.
- Hong Leong Bank Bhd. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- AmInvestment Bank Bhd.
- Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam
- Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam
- PT Bank Mandiri (Persero)
- Banco De Oro Unibank Inc. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- CIMB Investment Bank Bhd.
- CIMB Group Holding Bhd.
- AmBank (M) Bhd.
- ACLEDA Bank PLC
- Vietnam Technological And Commercial Joint Stock Bank