- Language: English
- Published: September 2011
Insurer Financial Enhancement Ratings As Of April 3, 2006 Apr 06
- Published: April 2006
- Standard & Poors
Insurance financial enhancement is when an insurance company uses its financial strength with an insurance policy to insure a third-party obligation or asset or to provide liquidity in a capital market structured transaction, usually to the benefit of a third party, such as an investor. Unlike with most traditional lines of insurance business, timeliness of payment is critical, leaving little, if any, time for investigation at the time of a claim. The risks cannot be measured in terms of premiums but rather in respect to risk in force or insured risk. Because much of the business is related to the capital markets, this usually means principal and interest are insured. Standard & Poor's Ratings Services created its financial enhancement rating...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Ambac Assurance Corp.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Co.
- Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.
- Protective Life Insurance Co.
- Swiss Reinsurance Co. Ltd.
- Assured Guaranty Municipal Corp.
- Pacific Life Insurance Co.
- Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Co.
- MBIA Insurance Corp.
- Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.
- AXA France IARD
- AMP Life Ltd.
- AEGON Schadeverzekering N.V.
- Jefferson-Pilot Life Insurance Co.
- John Hancock Life Insurance Co. (USA)
- MBIA Assurance S.A.
- American General Life Insurance Co. of Delaware
- XL Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd.
- Assured Guaranty (Europe) Ltd.
- American National Insurance Co.
- AIG Specialty Insurance Company
- National Fire & Marine Insurance Co.
- Radian Asset Assurance Inc.
- Berkshire Hathaway Life Insurance Co. of NE
- Centre Reinsurance (U.S.) Ltd.
- Ambac Assurance U.K. Ltd.
- RAM Reinsurance Co Ltd.
- ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.
- Assured Guaranty Municipal Insurance Co.
- Allianz Risk Transfer AG
- Assured Guaranty (Bermuda) Ltd.
- Alleanza Assicurazioni SpA
- Syncora Guarantee Inc.
- Allianz Risk Transfer (Bermuda) Ltd.
- Allianz Risk Transfer N.V.
- Syncora Guarantee Re Ltd.
- CIFG GUARANTY
- CIFG Europe
- CIFG Assurance North America Inc.
- Syncora Guarantee U.K. Ltd.
- MBIA U.K. Insurance Ltd.
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (London) Ltd.
- Assured Guaranty (UK) Ltd.
- BluePoint Re Limited