Government Support Underpins Ratings On Asia-Pacific?s Larger Banks Under Revised Rating Criteria Dec 11
- Language: English
- Published: December 2011
Southeast Asian banks are likely to remain resilient in 2011, after the strong regional economic recovery in 2010. Standard & Poor's Ratings Services expects the generally healthy household and corporate sectors to support the banks in the region. Most banks in Southeast Asia are enjoying high loans growth and low to moderate credit costs, compared with matured markets in the U.S. and Europe. The implications of the U.S. debt ceiling standoff across Southeast Asia are limited, according to our base-case scenario (see "The Implications Of The U.S. Debt Ceiling Standoff For Global Financial Institutions," published July 21, 2011, on RatingsDirect on the Global Credit Portal). We expect the robust economic outlook, the strong domestic savings rates, and the generally healthy...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- DBS Bank Ltd.
- Bangkok Bank Public Co. Ltd.
- KASIKORNBANK PCL
- Malayan Banking Bhd.
- Siam Commercial Bank Public Co. Ltd.
- PT Bank Danamon Indonesia Tbk.
- PT Bank CIMB Niaga Tbk. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- United Overseas Bank Ltd.
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp. Ltd.
- TMB Bank Public Co. Ltd.
- Krung Thai Bank Public Co. Ltd.
- Bank of Ayudhya Public Co. Ltd.
- Public Bank Bhd.
- RHB Bank Bhd.
- CIMB Bank Bhd.
- Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- Philippine National Bank
- PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk.
- United Overseas Bank (Thai) Public Co. Ltd.
- Hong Leong Bank Bhd. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- AmInvestment Bank Bhd.
- Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam
- Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam
- PT Bank Mandiri (Persero)
- Banco De Oro Unibank Inc. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- CIMB Investment Bank Bhd.
- CIMB Group Holding Bhd.
- AmBank (M) Bhd.
- ACLEDA Bank PLC
- Vietnam Technological And Commercial Joint Stock Bank