- Language: English
- 1539 Pages
- Published: March 2012
- Region: World
Industry Report Card: Latin American Banks Begin 2007 On Same Course As 2006 Ended Jun 07
- Published: June 2007
- Standard & Poors
Banks across Latin America began 2007 continuing the positive business trends seen in 2006. With consumer lending showing unrelenting dynamism in all markets, only Mexican banks' credit quality indicators have deteriorated somewhat in response to higher penetration in the riskier consumer segment. Overall, the continuing positive trends have helped strengthen banks' creditworthiness, which has in turn resulted in upgrades in Brazil, Mexico, and Peru in the first part of 2007. Banks in Mexico exhibited lower profitability levels in first-quarter 2007 than those exhibited in previous quarters. Higher provisions and soft trading gains were the main reasons for this. However, due to ample prospects for growth in the market and the entrance into higher yielding segments of the population, we expect...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Banco Nacional de Mexico S.A.
- Banco del Estado de Chile
- BBVA Bancomer S.A.
- Banco Mercantil del Norte S.A. Institucion de Banca Multiple Grupo Financiero Banorte
- Banco de Chile
- Banco Bradesco S.A.
- Unibanco-Uniao de Bancos Brasileiros, S.A.
- HSBC Mexico S.A.
- Banco de Credito del Peru
- Banco Hipotecario S.A.
- Banco Inbursa S.A. Institucion de Banca Multiple Grupo Financiero Inbursa
- Scotiabank Sudamericano
- Banco Santander-Chile S.A.
- Itau Unibanco Holding S.A.
- Banco Mercantil Santa Cruz S.A.
- Banco Patagonia S.A.
- Banco do Brasil S.A
- Banco do Estado de Sao Paulo S.A.
- Discount Bank Latin America S.A.
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Uruguay
- Cooperativa Del Personal de La Universidad de Chile Ltda-Coopeuch Ltda
- Scotiabank Inverlat, S.A.
- Corpbanca S.A.
- Banco Security
- Banco Santander (Mexico) S.A. Institucion de Banca Multiple Grupo Financiero Santander
- IXE Banco S.A. Institución de Banca Múltiple, Grupo Financiero Banorte
- Citibank N.A. (Uruguay Branch)
|Electronic||The report will be emailed to you.|