Thermal Power in Canada, Market Outlook to 2020, 2011 Update - Capacity, Generation, Regulations, Power Plants, Companies
- Published: July 2011
- Region: Canada
ATCO Power Ltd. - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2011 Update
The report contains the profile of the company that is involved in the field of power generation from thermal sources (coal, oil and gas). It contains a detailed description of the company’s business operations (power plants, installed capacity, and generation), history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), key competitors, and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) – summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets)
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers)
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
- Note-: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
ATCO Power Ltd., Operational Metrics, By Capacity
ATCO Power Ltd., Operational Metrics, By Distribution
ATCO Power Ltd., Operational Metrics, By Customers
ATCO Power Ltd., Operational Metrics, By Sales
ATCO Power Ltd., Hydro Power Plants
ATCO Power Ltd., Hydro Power Plants, Canada
ATCO Power Ltd., Thermal Power Plants
ATCO Power Ltd., Thermal Power Plants, Australia
ATCO Power Ltd., Thermal Power Plants, Canada
ATCO Power Ltd., Thermal Power Plants, United Kingdom
Major Products and Services
ATCO Power Ltd. Strengths
Dominant Market Position in Alberta
Diverse Generation Portfolio
Backing of Parent Company
ATCO Power Ltd. Weaknesses
Aged Power Generation Facilities
Lack of Transparency in Business Operations
ATCO Power Ltd. Opportunities
Increasing Energy Demand in Canada
Candian Initiatives for Renewable Production
Focus on Developing Wind Energy
ATCO Power Ltd. Threats
Regulations Impacting Selling Price
Key Employee Biographies
Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Mar 26, 2009: ATCO Power Begins Construction Of New Power Station In Karratha
Mar 20, 2008: TransCanada And Atco Plans To Build Hydropower Dam In Northern Alberta
May 10, 2007: ATCO Power To Build New Power Plant in Northern Alberta
Apr 29, 2011: ATCO Power's Brighton Beach Generating Facility Returns To Service
Jun 02, 2010: ATCO Power Opens Gas-Fired Karratha Power Station
Apr 09, 2010: ATCO Power's 86MW Karratha Generating Station Achieves Full Generating Capacity
Dec 08, 2009: Beach Petroleum Signs MoU With ATCO Power To Commercialize Cooper Basin Gas Resources
Feb 02, 2009: ATCO Power Announces Financing Deal With Commonwealth Bank Of Australia
Nov 25, 2008: Horizon Power Awards Contract To ATCO For Karratha Power Station
Sep 16, 2008: ATCO Power Completes Construction Of 45 MW Natural Gas Fired Power Plant In Valleyview
Mar 28, 2008: Alberta Power (2000) Reports Battle River Generating Station Resumes Full Operations
Mar 06, 2008: ATCO Power Reports Barking Power Station In London, England Resumes Operations
Feb 06, 2008: Alberta Power (2000) Reports Unplanned Outage At Battle River Generating Station
Nov 05, 2007: ATCO Power Reports Unplanned Outage At Barking Power Station In London, England
List of Tables
Table 1: ATCO Power Ltd., Key Facts
Table 2: ATCO Power Ltd., Operational Metrics, Capacity
Table 3: ATCO Power Ltd., Operational Metrics, Distribution
Table 4: ATCO Power Ltd., Operational Metrics, Customers
Table 5: ATCO Power Ltd., Operational Metrics, Sales
Table 6: ATCO Power Ltd., Hydro Power Plants, Canada
Table 7: ATCO Power Ltd., Thermal Power Plants, Australia
Table 8: ATCO Power Ltd., Thermal Power Plants, Canada
Table 9: ATCO Power Ltd., Thermal Power Plants, United Kingdom
Table 10: Major Products and Services
Table 11: ATCO Power Ltd., SWOT Analysis
Table 12: ATCO Power Ltd., Key Employees
Table 13: ATCO Power Ltd., Subsidiaries