• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Andritz AG (ANDR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, August 2011, Pages: 41
Andritz AG (ANDR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Andritz AG (Andritz) is a engaged in developing industrial process solutions for various industries. It supplies customized plants, systems, and services to the pulp and paper industry and the metal industry. It also provides customized plants, systems, and services to other specialized industries such as, solid and liquid separation, animal feed, and biofuel sector. It is also one of the leading global suppliers of turnkey electromechanical equipment and services for hydropower plants. Andritz also offers comprehensive services including, the supply of replacement parts, the manufacture of engineered wear products, and the provision of technical support services. It has 58 production and service facilities and approximately 120 affiliates and distribution firms globally. It principally operates through its five reportable business segments namely, Pulp and Paper; Hydro Power; Rolling Mills and Strip Processing Lines; Environment and Process; and Feed and Biofuel. The company principally operates in, Europe, Asia, South America and North America. The company is headquartered in Graz, Austria.
Andritz AG Key Recent Developments…
May 09, 2011 GreenField Ethanol Announces Launch Of G2Biochem
May 06, 2011 Andritz Reports Sales Of €923.7m In Q1 2011
Mar 18, 2011 Andritz To Supply Biomass Boiler Island For Hameenkyron Voima, Finland
Feb 10, 2011 Alstom Signs €500m Contract With Norte Energia To Provide Power Equipment For Belo Monte Dam Hydropower Plant In Brazil
Aug 30, 2010 ANDRITZ's Member Of Executive Board, Franz Hofmann, To Retire On March 31, 2011
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Andritz AG provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Andritz AG - Key Facts
Andritz AG - Key Employees
Andritz AG - Key Employee Biographies
Andritz AG - Major Products and Services
Andritz AG - History
Andritz AG - Company Statement
Andritz AG - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Andritz AG - Business Description
Business Description - Environment and Process
Environment and Process - Overview
Hydro Power - Production
Hydro Power - Financials
Hydro Power - Market View
Metal - Production
Metal - Financials
Metal - Market View
Business Description - Pulp and Paper
Pulp and Paper - Overview
Andritz AG - Corporate Strategy
Andritz AG - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Andritz AG - Strengths
Strength - Robust Operational Performance
Strength - Diversified Operations
Strength - Global Presence
Andritz AG - Weaknesses
Weakness - Weak Performance of Metal Segment
Weakness - Legal Proceedings
Andritz AG - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Renewable Electricity
Opportunity - Growing Global Biofuel Markets
Andritz AG - Threats
Threat - Volatile Macro Environment
Threat - Unfavorable Business Environment
Threat - Intense Competition
Andritz AG - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s, Power, Lifesciences Financial Deals and Alliances
Andritz AG, Power, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
Andritz AG, Power, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
Andritz AG, Recent Deals Summary
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments
May 09, 2011: GreenField Ethanol Announces Launch Of G2Biochem
May 06, 2011: Andritz Reports Sales Of €923.7m In Q1 2011
Mar 18, 2011: Andritz To Supply Biomass Boiler Island For Hameenkyron Voima, Finland
Feb 10, 2011: Alstom Signs €500m Contract With Norte Energia To Provide Power Equipment For Belo Monte Dam Hydropower Plant In Brazil
Aug 30, 2010: ANDRITZ's Member Of Executive Board, Franz Hofmann, To Retire On March 31, 2011
Jun 15, 2010: ANDRITZ To Supply Electromechanical Equipment To Ilisu Hydropower Station In Turkey
Section 6 – Appendix
Alfa Laval Corporate AB
Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd.