- Published: June 2012
Danone (BN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ID: 1865977
- August 2011
- 33 pages
Danone (BN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Danone (Danone) is a food processing and commercializing company. Danone was formerly known as Groupe Danone. The company, along with its subsidiaries, engages in the production and sales of range of beverages, fresh dairy products, cereal and nutrition based baby food, medical nutrition food, packaged food articles, and various other related products. All theseDanone’s products are sold under the brands Danone, Activia, Essensis, Evian, Volvic, Aqua, Gallia, Nutricia, Cow & Gate, Nutricia, Fortimel, FortiCare and Infatrini. Geographically, the company operates in North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. The company is headquartered in Paris, France.
Danone Key Recent Developments…
Apr 14, 2010 Danone Q1 Net Sales Increase
Mar 31, 2010 Chiquita, Danone Form JV For Fruit Beverage Business In Europe
Jan 21, 2010 Yakult Honsha To Start Production In US By 2012
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Danone provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Danone - Key Facts
Danone - Key Employees
Danone - Key Employee Biographies
Danone - Major Products and Services
Danone - History
Danone - Company Statement
Danone - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Danone - Business Description
Danone - Corporate Strategy
Danone - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Danone - Strengths
Strength - Improving Liquidity Position
Strength - Diversified Geographical Presence
Strength - Dominant Market Position
Strength - Focused R&D Activities
Weakness - Decline in Current Asset Turnover
Weakness - Product Recalls and False Claims
Opportunity - Increasing Milk & Cheese Demand
Opportunity - Huge Potential in the Emerging Markets
Opportunity - Rise in Demand for Bottle Water Market
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions and Partnerships
Threat - Poor Publicity or Consumer Perception
Threat - Regulatory Environment
Threat - Growing Competitive Market
Threat - Biological Contamination
Danone - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Danone, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments
Apr 14, 2010: Danone Q1 Net Sales Increase
Mar 31, 2010: Chiquita, Danone Form JV For Fruit Beverage Business In Europe
Jan 21, 2010: Yakult Honsha To Start Production In US By 2012
Section 5 – Appendix
Sara Lee Corporation
The Coca-Cola Company
General Mills, Inc.
Dean Foods Company
Kraft Foods, Inc.