The Japanese Defense Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
- Published: February 2012
- Region: Japan
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. (6504) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. (Fuji Electric), formerly known as Fuji Electric Holdings Co., Ltd. is an electrical products manufacturing company. The company provides thermal power generation equipment, hydroelectric equipment, nuclear power generation equipment, photovoltaic systems and energy management systems; inverters, measurement systems, industrial information systems, electrical facilities, transportation systems, store and distribution solutions and water environment systems; power integrated circuits (ICs), insulated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBT) modules and power discretes; vending machines and beverage dispensers; and aluminum medium and aluminum substrates. It is also involved in the electrical works, real estate business, insurance agency business and others. The company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. Key Recent Developments…
Jul 01, 2011 Zorlu Dogal Elektrik To Construct 60 MW Geothermal Power Plant In Turkey
Jun 29, 2011 Fuji Electric Releases V-Series Intelligent Power Modules
Apr 08, 2010 Mighty River Power's Nga Awa Purua Geothermal Power Station Starts Operations
Mar 26, 2010 Fujitsu And Fuji Electric To Explore Smart Grid Partnership
Feb 26, 2010 Fuji Electric, GE To Form JV For Japan's Meter Business
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - Key Facts
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - Key Employees
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - Major Products and Services
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - History
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - Company Statement
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - Business Description
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - Strengths
Strength - Strong Liquidity Position
Strength - Strong Concern for Environment
Strength - Wide Business Operations
Strength - Strong Research and Development Activities
Weakness - Revenue Concentration: Japan
Weakness - Declining Revenues
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
Opportunity - Strategic Mergers
Opportunity - Favorable Trends in Semiconductor Market
Opportunity - Expansion in Indian Market
Threat - Risk of Technology Obsolescence
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Stringent Regulations
Threat - Rise in Raw Material Prices
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s Power Financial Deals and Alliances
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., Power, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., Power, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., Recent Deals Summary
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments
Jul 01, 2011: Zorlu Dogal Elektrik To Construct 60 MW Geothermal Power Plant In Turkey
Jun 29, 2011: Fuji Electric Releases V-Series Intelligent Power Modules
Apr 08, 2010: Mighty River Power's Nga Awa Purua Geothermal Power Station Starts Operations
Mar 26, 2010: Fujitsu And Fuji Electric To Explore Smart Grid Partnership
Feb 26, 2010: Fuji Electric, GE To Form JV For Japan's Meter Business
Section 6 – Appendix
Panasonic Electric Works Co., Ltd.
Shinko Electric Industries Co., Ltd.
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.