Try to imagine a day without exposure to blogs, wikis, bookmarks, feeds, video sharing, social gaming, and social networking. Web users spend more time on social media sites than anywhere else, and that share of online time is growing faster than any other area. Social media is an increasingly important source of data for communications service providers (CSPs) looking to capture the thoughts, preferences, and opinions of customers. In fact, every aspect of customer experience has a social dimension.
In this Quick Insights report we:
- Explore of the rise of social media;
- Suggest how CSPs might approach social media engagement;
- Survey the types of analytical tools available;
- Discuss experiences and attitudes of CSPs around social media data;
- Make recommendations for CSPs managing social media programs.
Key Words: social media, data analytics, communications service providers, Rob Rich, TM Forum, Frameworx, social networks, business intelligence, customer aquisition, analytics tools
Please note: This report is free to TM Forum members.
Section 1: The social media explosion
Section 2: How social media impacts service providers
Section 3: Possible approaches to social media for service providers
Section 4: Analytics and social media
Section 5: Executive roundtable discussion
Section 6: Recommendations and conclusions
Sponsored feature Ericsson