Monetizing bandwidth: Wringing maximum value out of network assets
- ID: 1867545
- January 2011
- Region: Global
- 24 Pages
- TM Forum
TM Forum Quick Insights reports take the communications industry’s hottest topics and offer preliminary research and analysis, often including interviews with senior executives and ideas from corresponding executive roundtables discussions. Written by renowned industry journalists and analysts, these reports ask the questions we all want to know of opinion-leading senior executives.
Bandwidth demands are exploding but revenues for service providers are fading. How can the communications industry give customers what they want while generating the income that it needs? This report looks at the increasing take up of bandwidth and covers:
- Challenges and opportunities facing CSPs;
- What measures can they adopt to generate revenues without discouraging growth?
- What services/applications are best suited to monetization of bandwidth?
- Will net neutrality stifle potential monetization?
- What are the competitive pressures?
Keywords: bandwidth, Tony Poulos, TM Forum, Frameworx, communications service providers, monetization of bandwidth, net neutrality, services, applications
Please note: This report is free to TM Forum members.