- Language: English
- 70 Pages
- Published: December 2011
Vendor Landscape: Cloud Backup
- ID: 1870377
- July 2011
- Info-Tech Research Group
Match cloud economics with on-premise reliability.
- It’s hard to get the bearings of a market where most of the vendors have been around for just two or three years.
- Cloud backup vendors have different definitions for what entails an enterprise-class cloud backup solution, further complicating the situation.
- Info-Tech Research Group has developed a clear definition of business-class cloud backup, and evaluated seven leading vendors.
- Direct-to-cloud backup solutions are not enterprise ready. They provide no resiliency in the event your Internet connection is not available.
- Cloud backup startups come with impressive pedigrees, typically founded by people who have experience in storage, WAN optimization, and security.
- Cloud backup is a rapidly maturing market heading for commoditization already, and vendors have already begun differentiating themselves by focusing on specific problems or niche markets.
Impact and Result
Select the Cloud Backup solution that’s the best fit for your organization, taking into account advanced features, support, and vendor viability by customizing the Vendor Landscape according to what criteria are most important to you.
Get to Action
1.Evaluate cloud backup solutions
Find the cloud backup solution that best meshes with your environment and needs.
- Vendor Landscape Storyboard: Cloud Backup
2.Identify cloud backup solution criteria that are most important to you
Develop a custom shortlist of the most appropriate cloud backup solutions.
- Cloud Backup Vendor Shortlist Tool
*This is a bundle package with multiple titles
- Vendor Landscape Storyboard: Cloud Backup (Powerpoint)
- Cloud Backup Vendor Shortlist Tool (Excel)
What you receive:
*Vendor Landscape Storyboard: Cloud Backup (Powerpoint)
Cloud Backup, in its current form, has only been available for a few years. However there is already a baseline set of features all Cloud Backup solutions should have, and every vendor is attempting to differentiate themselves through advanced features or by specializing in a niche.
Use this research to:
- Understand how to define enterprise-class Cloud Backup.
- Evaluate Cloud Backup vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
Ensure that you select the best Cloud Backup product for your enterprise needs, or use cost as the determining factor if the basic features identified suit your business requirements.
*Cloud Backup Vendor Shortlist Tool (Excel)
Info-Tech conducted its own market evaluation of seven leading Cloud Backup solutions. Use this tool to:
- Profile your cloud backup solution requirements.
- Generate a rank-ordered vendor shortlist from a list of vendors to best fit enterprise needs.
- Produce a custom Vendor Landscape diagram for your organization.
Before sending out RFPs and scheduling vendor demonstrations, create a vendor shortlist of solutions that best satisfy the organization’s requirements.