• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
E-Learning Module: Rotary & Centrifugal Pumps
This Skillpad Module is ideal for people who are new or existing employees of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) and Biotech sectors, and who require a good basic understanding of the equipment used in API and Biotech Manufacture. The Module explains the operating principles of rotary and centrifugal pumps.
- Describe the safety precautions that must be taken when working with pumps
- Explain cavitation in pumps and how it can be recognized and avoided
- Explain how a centrifugal pump works and describe one of its uses
- Explain how a liquid ring pump works and describe one of its uses
- Explain how a rotary gear pump works and describe one of its uses
- Explain the terms "priming", "pulsed flow" and "vapor bubbles" with respect to pump properties
- List the three main types of pumps used in chemical and pharmaceutical processing
This is a self paced highly visual interactive e-Learning Module, with a full audio voiceover, which can be taken online. It has a 16 question multiple choice Assessment which the Trainee can perform once they have completed the module. For the Certified option, a hard copy certificate is mailed to the Trainee, once they have achieved a score of 100% in their Assessment.
This module is extracted from the E-Learning Course: Equipment Understanding for API/Bulk Operators (Certified)