• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
E-Learning Module: General Safety Hazards in the Microbiology Lab
Safety in the workplace is of paramount importance. This Skillpad Laboratory Safety Module is ideal for both new and existing employees in the Pharmaceutical Industry. The Module explains the different classes of microorganisms and the hazards associated with handling each class.
- Describe how waste is disposed of in a microbiology laboratory
- Explain how each class of microorganism should be handled
- Explain the handling of live cultures in a microbiology laboratory
- Explain the hazards associated with disinfectants and cleaning agents
- List and describe the four different classes of microorganisms
- List and describe the hazards associated with media preparation
- State the rules to follow when mailing cultures
This is a self paced highly visual interactive e-Learning Module, with a full audio voiceover, which can be taken online. It has a 16 question multiple choice Assessment which the Trainee can perform once they have completed the module. For the Certified option, a hard copy certificate is mailed to the Trainee, once they have achieved a score of 100% in their Assessment.
This module is extracted from the E-Learning Course - Health and Safety in the Microbiology Laboratory (Certified)