• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
E-Learning Module: Safe Work Practices in the Microbiology Lab
Safety in the workplace is of paramount importance. This Skillpad Laboratory Safety Module is ideal for both new and existing employees in the Pharmaceutical Industry. The Module explains the different types of safety cabinets found in a Microbiology Lab and the safe work practices involved in their use. Also includes safe work practices for the use of equipment such as syringes and centrifuges.
- Describe the differences between class I, class II and class III biological safety cabinets
- Explain the function of biological safety cabinets
- Explain the term "containment"
- List the safe work practices for labeling in a microbiological laboratory
- List the safe work practices for using safety cabinets
- List the safe work practices for using syringes, pipettes, bunsen burners and centrifuges in a microbiological laboratory
This is a self paced highly visual interactive e-Learning Module, with a full audio voiceover, which can be taken online. It has a 16 question multiple choice Assessment which the Trainee can perform once they have completed the module. For the Certified option, a hard copy certificate is mailed to the Trainee, once they have achieved a score of 100% in their Assessment.
This module is extracted from the E-Learning Course - Health and Safety in the Microbiology Laboratory (Certified)