- Language: English
- Published: March 2013
- Region: Global
This product is currently not available for purchase.
Q1'11 Set Top Box Database Update
- Published: June 2011
- Region: Global
- 34 Database Records
In-Stat’s Set Top Box Database gauges the size of the current market and presents quarterly forecasts for unit shipments, manufacturers' revenues, and average manufacturer selling prices.
The information contained in this report came from primary and secondary sources. Primary sources of information included quarterly surveys of set top box (STB) vendors to obtain shipment and revenue numbers via email surveys and telephone-based briefings.
Cable STB Units, Revenues, and ASPs
Satellite STB Units, Revenues, and ASPs
IPTV STB Units, Revenues, and ASPs
Digital Terrestrial TV STB Units, Revenues, and ASPs
Total WW STB Units, Revenues, and ASPs
Top Cable STB Vendors and Shipments
Top Satellite STB Vendors and Shipments
Top IPTV STB Vendors and Shipments
North America STB Units, Revenues, and ASPs
Europe STB Units, Revenues, and ASPs
Middle East and Africa STB Units, Revenues, and ASPs
Latin America STB Units, Revenues, and ASPs
Asia STB Units, Revenues, and ASPs
Total WW DVR Shipments
IP Set Top Box Shipments to Increase Over 1 Million in 2011
Worldwide set top box revenue, as a whole, will decline slightly in 2011 over 2010, with Latin America and Middle East/Africa the only regions showing any increase in shipments. However, despite the general maturation of the market, IP set top box shipments are forecast to increase by over 1 million units in 2011 according to In-Stat.
“The most interesting development in the market is service provider solutions to distributing content throughout the home,” says Norm Bogen, VP Digital Entertainment. “Direct TV, for example, supplies a satellite STB as the ‘big box’ in the home’s media center while providing IP STBs, now referred to as ‘thin IP clients’, for delivering content to different rooms in the home. This is certainly impacting the IP STB market in a positive way.”
Recent research findings include:
- North American IP set top box revenue will increase by 22% in 2011.
- In 2011, 17% of all set top boxes will include a DVR.
- In 2011, 72% of all satellite set top boxes in Europe will be high definition.
- Nearly 670,000 cable set top boxes will be shipped in Latin America in Q3’11.
Recent In-Stat research, Q1'11 Set Top Box Database Update covers the worldwide market for set top boxes. This research tracks:
- Set top box (STB) unit shipments, revenues, and average selling prices (ASPs) on a quarterly basis.
- Operator segmentation for cable, satellite, telco IPTV, and digital terrestrial TV.
- Regional segmentation for North America, Europe, Middle East/Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
- Functional segmentation for high definition (HD), standard definition (SD), and digital video recording (DVR).