This Microsoft Excel pivot table report provides highly detailed segmentation of the worldwide Ethernet Switch market for the current and eleven preceding quarters, breaking down port shipments and manufacturers’ revenues by all the following categories:
-Region (North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific, and CALA)
-Form Factor (Fixed, Modular)
-Wire Speed (Fast, Gigabit, and 10 Gigabit Ethernet)
-OSI Layer (Unmanaged, Web Smart, L2, L3, and L4-7)
This report also includes port shipments and manufacturers’ revenues for copper Gigabit Ethernet shipments and PoE by wire speed.
10-Gigabit Ethernet Port Shipments Increase 20.8% from 1Q10 to 1Q11
From 4Q10 to 1Q11, worldwide Ethernet port shipments fell 7%, while Revenues decreased 12%. On a year-over-year basis, port shipments increased 2% while revenues were down 8%. A bright spot in the Ethernet switch market is the growth in the 10GigE space where port shipments increased 21% 1Q10 over 1Q11, according to In-Stat.
“From a market share perspective Cisco continues to hold the top spot in Ethernet switching, although they’ve seen a small drop over the past year,” says Brad Shaffer, Analyst. “HP Networking, which didn’t exist in its current form a year ago, comes in at number two, and D-LINK rounds out the top three.”
Additional data points include:
- From 4Q10 to 1Q11, regional market share shifted noticeably. The Asia Pacific region accounted for 31.7% of shipments, up from 30.7% the previous quarter.
- Europe fell 2% from 35.6% to 33.6%, North America also dropped, falling from 30.1% to 27.3%.
- The rest of world category experienced a large bump, mainly because of increased shipments to Latin America and now comprises about 7.5% of worldwide port shipments.
- Gigabit Ethernet port shipments fell 6.5% and revenues fell 15.6%.
Recent In-Stat research, 1Q11 Ethernet Switch Database: By Region, Form Factor, Wire Speed, OSI Layer, and Vendor (#IN1105031LS), provides highly detailed segmentation of the worldwide Ethernet switch market for the current and seven preceding quarters, breaking down port shipments and manufacturers’ revenues by all the following categories:
- Region (North America, EMEA, Asia/Pacific, and CALA)
- Form Factor (Fixed, Modular)
- Wire Speed (Fast, Gigabit, and 10 Gigabit Ethernet)
- OSI Layer (Unmanaged, Web Smart, L2, L3, and L4-7)
- Vendor (18 Vendors)
- Excel pivot-table deliverable with over 7000 individual data points, and 18 detailed data tables.