• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
The Apps Statbook 2011
Rider Research, August 2011, Pages: 71
This is a comprehensive survey of the booming global “apps” industry.
“The Apps Statbook 2011” report has been produced to help you gain a deeper understanding of this market.
Currently worth $7.3 billion this year, the apps market is set to double by the end of next year and then to reach a colossal $36.7 billion by 2015.
The apps phenomenon has gone hand-in-hand with the ever increasing shipments of smartphones, tablets and internet-enabled TVs.
Like a burgeoning Chinese city skyline, the apps landscape grows dramatically each day. For this survey, we found 112 launched app stores, 50 up from a count of this time last year, with no doubt many more in the pipeline.
Apple alone has recently passed the mark of having a staggering 500,000 different apps available for download. This only goes to highlight the ease of getting lost among the apps world.
The report examines how the limitless functionality of devices makes the choice of “killer apps” completely up to the individual.
Through 71 pages, the report gives:
1) Information on how the apps market fits in with key mobile operating systems - Android, Apple iOS, MeeGo (Nokia, Intel), Nokia and Microsoft WP7 (Windows Phone 7).
2) An introduction into the apps market for the tablets sector, including trends and operating systems
3) A snap-shot of recent apps store trends and developments.
4) A wealth of recent data and revenue figures from third parties including best-selling apps, tablet and smartphone shipments, free versus paid apps in store, mobile content revenue and the like.
5) An insight into trends fueling the rise of apps usage:
- How Android now dominates the apps market and is set to hold despite peaking in the US market
- Smart TV widgets and apps usage
- Apps in the workplace (the growing culture of BYOD
- Upcoming devices - a look at smartphone and tablet shipment trends that could significantly affect the apps market.
6) An at-a-glance listing of 112 leading players in apps & TV widget provision including Android Market, Apple Apps Store, GetApp.com, Handango, Kindle AppStore, LG Application Store, Maopao, Nokia Ovi Store, OpenApp market, Samsung Apps, Windows Marketplace etc. This data includes such details as download numbers, device support, runtime support, pricing and payment options.
INTRODUCTION - IT’S STILL THE ECONOMY
APP STORE REVIEWS
- Over 200 million iOS devices sold, 25 million iPads
- iOS Users Buy 61% More Apps,Pay 14% More Per App
- A Look at Apple’s iOS 5
- Onavo Gives iOS Data a Diet
- ESPN Streams to Apple Devices, Anytime, Anywhere
- Adobe Supports Video Streaming to the iPad ANDROID
- 550,000 New Androids Activated Daily
- Android OS Breakdown Shows Tablet Weakness
- Google Revamps Android Market for Smartphones
- Android Loses Momentum, But Rivals Fail To Cash In
- Android Leads Among US Consumers
- HBO Adds Android & iOS to HBO GO
- Viewster Launches on Android in Europe
- Android: Open OS, Closed Services
- Nokia’s N9 Is Promising, Only MeeGo Device
- Here Comes MeeGo Smart TV 1.2 with Quad Play Capabilities
- MeeGo Charges Ahead in Smart-TV Market
- Nokia: MeeGo Was Never a Viable Tablet OSNOKIA
- Nokia’s Quagmire
- Nokia Aims for Social Location Service
- Nokia Reduces Sales and Profit Forecast
- Nokia Transfers Symbian, Drops Ovi
- Ballmer: Windows Phone 7 Is ‘Very Small’
- Nokia’s First WP7 Phone Leaked
- Ballmer Promises Windows 8 for 2012, Doesn’t Say Which Quarter
- Microsoft Makes Money on HTC’s Android Smartphones
- France 24 Adds WP7 Support
- Microsoft: One Ecosystem forFuture PCs, Mobiles, TVs OTHER OSes
- Cisco Launches App Store For Cius Tablet
- HP Would License WebOS to Device Makers
THE TABLET SECTOR
- Who Will Dominate Tablet Market in 2015
- Operating Systems for Tablets
- Ten Tablet Trends for 2011
- The Differentiator
- Our Perspective
- Pew: 35% of American Adults Have Smartphones
- Top Smartphone Platforms Among Subscribers Ages 13+
- Canada: For the Love of Apps!
- US: App Usage Beats Web
- US: Smartphones Outsell Feature Phones
- The iPad Secures 1% of All Web Traffic
- 61% of Corporations Have Employees That Use Tablets
- Mobile Industry Approaching 2% of Global GDP
- 64% of iPhone Users Watch Video
- MLB: Mobile Will Exceed Web Usage in 12 to 18 Months
- TV, Video Are the Kings of Mobile Network Traffic
- More Data Created Every 2 Days Than up Until 2003
- 75% Now Viewing OTT Videos
- 60% of Online Aussies Simultaneously Watch TV
- Wireless Devices with Wi-Fi to Top 1b in 2011
- YouTube: 30% of Videos Get 99% of Views
- The Web Has Become the Netflix Channel
- ARM’s Quarterly Financials Show Growth in Tablets & Smartphones
- Amazon: E-Books Outselling Printed Books
- Filling Your Nook with 1m Downloads
- Freemium Model Still Tops for Mobile Games
- Pandora’s Blood Is Mobile - 42% Are Mobile-Only; Reaches 35% of All US Smartphones
- Angry Birds Downloaded 1m Times Each Day
- Video Views Happen via iOS
- Apple iOS Gets Strong Support Among Apps Developers
- Etisalat, EMS Promise New App Store for RIM
- Xfinity TV Rolls Out to More Mobiles
TOP APPS IN 2011
- Top Q2 2011 Apps for BlackBerry App World
- Top Q2 2011 Apps for Android Market
- Top Q2 2011 Apps for Ovi (Nokia)
- Top Q2 2011 Apps forWindows Phone 7 Marketplace
- Top Q2 2011 Apps for Palm App Catalog
- Top Q2 2011 Apps for Palm App Catalog
- Current Top Apps for iOS as of July 15
- Mobile Apps: $36.7b Market by 2015
- $49b Tablet Market by 2015
- 91% of Tablets Sold Will Be in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific
- Less than 5% in the US Own a Tablet
- 78% of Tablets to Have Cellular Connection by 2015
- Analyst Increases Prediction to 30m iPads in 2011
- 15b Web-Connected Devices in 4 Years
- 1.3b OTT Viewers by 2016
- Going iOS-Only Is ‘A Pretty Rotten Strategy’
- 178m Mobile Music Subscribers by 2015
- Wi-Fi to Grow 63% By 2016
GLOBAL APP STORES LISTINGS (122 entries)
- France 24
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.