Global Oil & Gas industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global oil & gas market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The oil and gas market volume is defined as the total consumption (barrels of oil equivalent) of refined petroleum products and natural gas by end-users in each country. The value of the oil segment is the total volume of refined petroleum products, including refinery consumption and losses, multiplied by the hub price of crude oil. The value of the gas segment is the total volume of dry natural gas consumed multiplied by the price of natural gas (Henry Hub spot price). The values represent the total revenues available to exploration and production companies from sales of crude oil and natural gas. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated using constant 2014 annual average exchange rates.
- The global oil & gas market is forecast to generate total revenues of $1,823.5bn in 2015, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -14% between 2011 and 2015.
- Market consumption volume is forecast to increase with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1% between 2011-2015, to reach a total of 46,694 million boe in 2015.
- Over the 2004-2014 period, global primary energy consumption increased with a CAGR of 2.0%. Oil and gas are major sources of energy in most countries, being consumed directly by end-uses such as transportation and domestic heating, and also as a source of fuel for power generation. It is not surprising, therefore, that demand for oil and gas rose at a similar rate.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the oil & gas market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globaloil & gas market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key oil & gas market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global oil & gas market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Global oil & gas market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Global oil & gas market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global oil & gas market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global's oil & gas market?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Exxon Mobil Corporation
National Iranian Oil Company
List of Tables
Table 1: Global oil & gas market value: $ billion, 2011–
Table 2: Global oil & gas market volume: million boe, 2011–
Table 3: Global oil & gas market category segmentation: $ billion,
Table 4: Global oil & gas market geography segmentation: $ billion,
Table 5: Global oil & gas market value forecast: $ billion, 2015–
Table 6: Global oil & gas market volume forecast: million boe, 2015–
Table 7: Exxon Mobil Corporation: key facts
Table 8: Exxon Mobil Corporation: key financials ($)
Table 9: Exxon Mobil Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 10: National Iranian Oil Company: key facts
Table 11: OAO Gazprom: key facts
Table 12: OAO Gazprom: key financials ($)
Table 13: OAO Gazprom: key financials (RUB)
Table 14: OAO Gazprom: key financial ratios
Table 15: Saudi Aramco: key facts
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global oil & gas market value: $ billion, 2011–
Figure 2: Global oil & gas market volume: million boe, 2011–
Figure 3: Global oil & gas market category segmentation: % share, by value,
Figure 4: Global oil & gas market geography segmentation: % share, by value,
Figure 5: Global oil & gas market value forecast: $ billion, 2015–
Figure 6: Global oil & gas market volume forecast: million boe, 2015–
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the global oil & gas market,
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the global oil & gas market,
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the global oil & gas market,
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global oil & gas market,
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global oil & gas market,
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global oil & gas market,
Figure 13: Exxon Mobil Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Exxon Mobil Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: OAO Gazprom: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: OAO Gazprom: assets & liabilities