Biotechnology in Italy
- ID: 1923314
- January 2016
- Region: Italy
- 27 pages
Biotechnology in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Italy biotechnology market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The biotechnology market consists of the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
- The Italian biotechnology market is expected to generate total revenues of $9.9bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% between 2011 and 2015.
- The medical/healthcare segment is expected to be the market's most lucrative in 2015, with total revenues of $4.1bn, equivalent to 41.7% of the market's overall value.
- The Italian market is very entrepreneurial, which should help keep the market buoyant and competitive. According to AssoBiotec, part of FederChimica in Italy, 66% of biotech companies are founded as start-ups or academic and industrial spin-offs. This percentage increases to 84% for firms operating purely in biotechnology.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy biotechnology market with five year forecasts
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Italy economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Italy biotechnology market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Italy biotechnology market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Italy's biotechnology market? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Zambon Company S.p.A.
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy biotechnology industry value: $ billion, 2011–15(e)
Table 2: Italy biotechnology industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2015(e)
Table 3: Italy biotechnology industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2015(e)
Table 4: Italy biotechnology industry value forecast: $ billion, 2015–
Table 5: Gentium S.p.A.: key facts
Table 6: Menarini Group: key facts
Table 7: Zambon Company S.p.A.: key facts
Table 8: Italy size of population (million), 2011–
Table 9: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2011–
Table 10: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2011–
Table 11: Italy inflation, 2011–
Table 12: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2011–
Table 13: Italy exchange rate, 2011–
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy biotechnology industry value: $ billion, 2011–15(e)
Figure 2: Italy biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2015(e)
Figure 3: Italy biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2015(e)
Figure 4: Italy biotechnology industry value forecast: $ billion, 2015–
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in Italy,
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in Italy,
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in Italy,
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in Italy,
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in Italy,
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in Italy,