Biotechnology in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Italy biotechnology market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Italy biotechnology market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Italy's biotechnology market?
The biotechnology market consists of the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
The Italian biotechnology market is expected to generate total revenues of $8.9bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% between 2012 and 2016.
The Medical/Healthcare segment is expected to be the market's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $3.7bn, equivalent to 41.7% of the market's overall value.
The Italian biotechnology industry is characterized by the high number of start-ups and small companies, demonstrating large potential for growth. A quarter of the revenues are destined to be spent in R&D.
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Zambon Company S.p.A.
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy biotechnology industry value: $ million, 2012–16(e)
Table 2: Italy biotechnology industry category segmentation: $ million, 2016(e)
Table 3: Italy biotechnology industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2016(e)
Table 4: Italy biotechnology industry value forecast: $ million, 2016–21
Table 5: Gentium S.p.A.: key facts
Table 6: Menarini Group: key facts
Table 7: Zambon Company S.p.A.: key facts
Table 8: Italy size of population (million), 2012–16
Table 9: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2012–16
Table 10: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2012–16
Table 11: Italy inflation, 2012–16
Table 12: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2012–16
Table 13: Italy exchange rate, 2012–16
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy biotechnology industry value: $ million, 2012–16(e)
Figure 2: Italy biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2016(e)
Figure 3: Italy biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016(e)
Figure 4: Italy biotechnology industry value forecast: $ million, 2016–21
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2016