- Language: English
- 88 Pages
- Published: March 2011
- Region: Asia
Industry Report Card: Asia-Pacific's Major 40 Banks Sail Tall In Choppy Seas, For Now Jun 11
- Published: June 2011
- Standard & Poors
The Asia-Pacific region's major banks are in good health by global standards, affording investors a degree of comfort and confidence in a global financial institutions sector still awash with unwinding risks following the global financial crisis (GFC). Looking at 40 of the largest banks in Asia Pacific, spanning 10 of the region's major markets, currently 37 (92.5%) have stable outlooks, three (7.5%) have positive outlooks, and not a single institution has a negative outlook. Standard & Poor's currently has counterparty credit ratings on 256 financial institutions in the Asia-Pacific region (including 40 of the largest banks), with 82.8% on stable outlook, 12.5% on negative outlook or CreditWatch with negative implications, and 4.7% on positive outlook or CreditWatch with positive implications....
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- National Australia Bank Ltd.
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd.
- Westpac Banking Corp.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Bank of New Zealand
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank Ltd.
- DBS Bank Ltd.
- State Bank of India
- Shinhan Bank (Old)
- Bank of Communications Co. Ltd.
- Bank of China Ltd.
- ASB Bank Ltd.
- ANZ Bank New Zealand Ltd.
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd.
- Malayan Banking Bhd.
- Bank of Taiwan
- United Overseas Bank Ltd.
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp. Ltd.
- Public Bank Bhd.
- Hana Bank (Old)
- Kookmin Bank
- Hang Seng Bank Limited
- Mega International Commercial Bank Co. Ltd.
- Taiwan Cooperative Bank Ltd.
- China Construction Bank Corp.
- Land Bank of Taiwan
- Chuo Mitsui Trust & Banking Co. Ltd.
- Bank of China (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc.
- Hana Bank
- Resona Bank Ltd.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Mizuho Financial Group Inc.
- China Merchants Bank Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc.
- Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- CIMB Group Holding Bhd.
- Westpac New Zealand Ltd.
- HDFC Bank Ltd.