- Published: January 2012
- Region: Global
Audit & Optimization - Fixed & Mobile Enterprise Performance Trends
- Published: September 2011
- Region: Global
- 19 Pages
When it comes to managing the fixed and mobile telecom environment, the elements of audit and optimization are two of the most common activities performed by enterprises today. Audits can be performed in many different ways, from ensuring that invoice charges align with contractual terms to determining whether or not the services appearing on the invoice are within the organization's telecom inventory. Similarly, optimizing the telecom environment can encompass many different activities, from determining if the organization has secured the most effective voice and data plans, to eliminating under or non-utilized wireless devices.
These activities also represent ample opportunity for financial and operational savings within the enterprise. In fact, AOTMP research indicates that audit and optimization activities consistently represent over 60% of all identified financial savings for those with a formal TEM or WMM program.
Anyone involved in fixed and mobile telecom management should read this report in order to understand:
- What percentage of fixed and mobile telecom invoices are audited each month?
- What percentage of total monthly invoice dollars contains errors?
- What is the average recovery success rate when disputing invoice errors with service providers?
- How frequently are enterprises optimizing their fixed and mobile environments?
- What additional financial benefit is gained by optimizing the telecom environment more frequently?
Along with answering these critical questions, this report provides the following benchmarks:
- % of Total Invoice Dollars Containing Errors - Trend
- % of Total Monthly Telecom Invoices Received
- # of Monthly Fixed Invoices Received – By Monthly Fixed Spend
- # of Monthly Wireless Invoices Received – By Monthly Wireless Spend
- % of Total Invoices Audited
- % of Fixed Invoices Audited – By Company Size
- % of Wireless Invoices Audited – By Company Size
- % of Total Invoice Dollars Containing Errors
- Invoice Error Recovery Success Rate
- Invoice Audit and Recovery Impact Summary
- Fixed Telecom Optimization Cycles
- Wireless Optimization Cycles
- Expected Change in the # of Fixed/Wired Phones – Next 12 Months
- % of Companies Recycling Wireless Devices
- Wireless Device Refresh Cycles SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Telecom Invoices Received
Telecom Invoices Audited
Telecom Invoice Error Identification
Telecom Invoice Error Recovery
Key Findings Summary
Appendix A: Telecom Environment Management Scope
Complete Report Access Options
About the Authors
About AOTMP Research
Table of Figures
Figure 1 % of Total Invoice Dollars Containing Errors - Trend
Figure 2 Respondent Title / Role
Figure 3 Company Headquarters
Figure 4 Company Size
Figure 5 % of Total Monthly Telecom Invoices Received
Figure 6 # of Monthly Fixed Invoices Received – By Monthly Fixed Spend
Figure 7 # of Monthly Wireless Invoices Received – By Monthly Wireless Spend
Figure 8 % of Total Invoices Audited
Figure 9 % of Fixed Invoices Audited – By Company Size
Figure 10 % of Wireless Invoices Audited – By Company Size
Figure 11 % of Total Invoice Dollars Containing Errors
Figure 12 Invoice Error Recovery Success Rate
Figure 13 Invoice Audit and Recovery Impact Summary
Figure 14 Fixed Telecom Optimization Cycles
Figure 15 Wireless Optimization Cycles
Figure 16 Expected Change in the # of Fixed/Wired Phones – Next 12 Months
Figure 17 % of Companies Recycling Wireless Devices
Figure 18 Wireless Device Refresh Cycles