• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Advances in Textiles Technology - Issue 6, 2011
International Newsletters Ltd, June 2011
Advances in Textiles Technology provides comprehensive coverage of textile materials available for commercial use and how to explore the full potential of new textile technology. It includes the latest on state-of-the-art technology for textile applications direct from the companies and research institutes at the forefront of the latest research programs. Each issue covers materials developments, new processes and equipment, safety and protection, testing and standards, and environmental issues.
Topics covered include (but are not limited to): high-performance fibres and yarns, new machinery, advanced manufacturing processes, safety and protection materials, intelligent textiles, developments in finishing, three-dimensional structures and composites.
- Simpler, safer process for making high-tenacity ultrahigh molecular weight polyethylene yarns
- Microwave-assisted plasmas make carbon fibres quickly and cheaply
- Magnetic fabrics
Safety and protection
- Multifunctional fabric ranges from Toray Textiles Europe Sports and leisure
- Continuous, simultaneous knit–de-knit texturizing of up to 12 yarns
- Cotton hydroentanglement in Turkey
- Ahlstrom to expand capacity of filtration materials for transportation
- Nonwovens Institute to install pilot line for meltblown fabrics
- Trützschler to supply web-formation and bonding technology to North Carolina State University
- TenCate takes a stake in Hellas Construction
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.