• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Advanced Composites Bulletin - Issue 6, 2011
International Newsletters Ltd, June 2011
A monthly digest of international developments in research, design, manufacturing, testing and recycling of all advanced composites – organic and inorganic fibres and fillers, polymers, metal and ceramic matrices, hybrid and macrocomposite systems.
Every month, Advanced Composites Bulletin keeps its readers informed about new materials, new technologies, the latest research, product launches, business and industry news, environmental issues and concerns, shows and conferences, and more. It covers all application areas, including aerospace, automotive, marine, civil engineering, computer technology, energy generation, electrical engineering, sports and leisure, and recycling.
- Ultrasonic tape laying process developed for thermoplastic composites
- Design software could reduce component weight by 20%
- Thermoset resin with improved fracture resistance
- Carbon fibre precursor production begins for BMW’s Megacity vehicle
- Metal-infiltrated titanium silicon carbide/titanium aluminium carbide composites formed at low pressure
- High heat-resistant ceramic composites manufactured at low temperatures
- Stiffener can be fabricated with increased toughness
- ATK awarded $110 million F-35 contract
- Reinforced polyetheretherketone replaces thermosets in wear-resistant bearings
- SGL’s carbon fibres and composites sales ‘stagnant’
- Gurit’s net sales up by 26%
- Owens Corning’s earnings down by $24 million
- Facility capable of testing 90 m rotor blades to be opened
- Fixture enables more reliable compression testing
- Fast and reliable ultra sound non-destructive testing process
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.