- Language: English
- 144 Pages
- Published: April 2012
- Region: Africa
Drugs for Neglected Diseases Part 1
- Published: August 2011
- Region: Global
- 92 Pages
- Future Science Ltd
This is Part 1 of two Special Focus Issues of the peer-reviewed journal Future Medicinal Chemistry, guest-edited by Dr Takushi Kaneko of the Global Alliance for TB Drug Development (TB Alliance).
The two part series provides a forward-looking overview of current issues, challenges and significant advances in the discovery, design and development of bioactive agents, as well as target identification, for the treatment neglected diseases.
“The articles published over these two special issues provide valuable insights into the current contributions of medicinal chemistry efforts to neglected disease research”, said Dr Kaneko.
A range of international experts from industry and academia have contributed to the issues, which include Editorials, Perspectives, Reviews and Original Research. Interviews with James McKerrow (University of California) and Solomon Nwaka (World Health Organization) also feature.
All articles published across the two issues will remain free-to-access until the end of 2011.
- Drugs for neglected diseases: part I
NEWS & ANALYSIS
- News & Analysis
- Interview with James McKerrow
- Research Spotlight: The TB Alliance: overcoming challenges to chart the future course of TB drug development
- From bench to clinic: bridging the translational gap in neglected disease drug development
Peter G Ruminski
- Benzoxaboroles: a new class of potential drugs for human African trypanosomiasis
Robert T Jacobs, et al.
- Drug discovery for neglected tropical diseases at the Sandler Center
Stephanie A Robertson, Adam R Renslo
- Phosphodiesterase inhibitors as a new generation of antiprotozoan drugs: exploiting the benefit of enzymes that are highly conserved between host and parasite
Thomas Seebeck, Geert Jan Sterk, Hengming Ke
- Target repurposing for neglected diseases
Michael P Pollastri, Robert K Campbell
- Developing novel antisecretory drugs to treat infectious diarrhea
Eugenio L de Hostos, Robert KM Choy, Tue Nguyen