• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Drugs for Neglected Diseases Part 2
Future Science Ltd, August 2011, Pages: 126
This is Part 2 of two Special Focus Issues of the peer-reviewed journal Future Medicinal Chemistry, guest-edited by Dr Takushi Kaneko of the Global Alliance for TB Drug Development (TB Alliance).
The two part series provides a forward-looking overview of current issues, challenges and significant advances in the discovery, design and development of bioactive agents, as well as target identification, for the treatment neglected diseases.
“The articles published over these two special issues provide valuable insights into the current contributions of medicinal chemistry efforts to neglected disease research”, said Dr Kaneko.
A range of international experts from industry and academia have contributed to the issues, which include Editorials, Perspectives, Reviews and Original Research. Interviews with James McKerrow (University of California) and Solomon Nwaka (World Health Organization) also feature.
All articles published across the two issues will remain free-to-access until the end of 2011.
- Drugs for neglected diseases: part II
- The importance of patent sharing in neglected disease drug discovery
NEWS & ANALYSIS
- News & Analysis
- Interview with Solomon Nwaka
- Diarylquinolines, synthesis pathways and quantitative structure–activity relationship studies leading to the discovery of TMC207
Jerome Guillemont, et al.
- Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative model of drug development for neglected diseases: current status and future challenges
Jean-Robert Ioset, Shing Chang
- Challenges and opportunities in developing novel drugs for TB
Takushi Kaneko, Christopher Cooper, Khisimuzi Mdluli
- Challenges in antimalarial drug discovery
Jeremy N Burrows, et al.
- Drug repositioning in the treatment of malaria and TB
Alexis Nzila, Zhenkun Ma, Kelly Chibale
- Nitroimidazoles for the treatment of TB: past, present and future
Tathagata Mukherjee, Helena Boshoff
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.