- Language: English
- 113 Pages
- Published: February 2011
- Region: United Kingdom
Wood and Laminate Floorcoverings Market Report - UK 2011-2015 Analysis
- Published: October 2011
- Region: United Kingdom
- 85 Pages
- AMA Research
AMA Research are pleased to announce the publication of the 6th Edition of the report “Wood and Laminate Floorcoverings Market Report – UK 2011-2015 Analysis”. The report provides an informed and up to date assessment of the market, and focuses on the three primary sectors of solid wood, engineered wood and laminates.
The report contains:
- Brief overview of the total floorcoverings market – including carpet, vinyl, wood, ceramics and other floorcoverings.
- Detailed assessment of the wood flooring market - including solid & engineered woods, laminates and flooring accessories etc - total
- UK market size, trends, product mix, factors influencing growth, future prospects.
- Application Mix – domestic and contract markettrends, growth sectors, future prospects.
- Key Suppliers & Distribution Mix – analysis of key suppliers with a review of market share and changes in the distribution mix.
The rapid growth of the wood floorcoverings market since the mid 1990's was focused on the success of the laminates sector. However, indications are that laminate sales in the UK have now passed their peak, with solid and engineered woods continuing to gain share even though the total market has suffered decline since 2008. The 6th edition of the report assesses the current situation with forecasts of market developments over the short-medium term future.
Areas of particular interest:
- Comparison of market performance between wood and other floorcoverings in 2008-10.
- Variable market performance in domestic and contract sectors.
- Evidence of continued interest in higher specification products in middle and upper market sectors.
- Changing commitment of some suppliers to laminate sector.
- Trends in total wood flooring market with forecasts by each product sector to 2015.
Key areas covered in the report include:
OVERVIEW OF TOTAL FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET
- Review of UK floorcoverings market – market size from 2005-10, performance of carpets, vinyl, wood, ceramic tiles and others, key factors influencing trends, future prospects, etc.
- Review of changing product mix – growth/declining sectors, shares by product in 2010.
REVIEW OF WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET
- Comprehensive review of wood floorcoverings market - performance from 2005-10, key trends within sectors, product mix, comparison with other floorcoverings, future prospects to 2015.
- Product sectors – solid wood, engineered wood and laminates – sector shares in 2010, recent changes in mix (comparisons with 2002/06/10, trend towards higher quality, forecasts by product from 2011-15.
- Key characteristics of market – pricing, availability, product awareness and target consumers, accessories, changing design trends etc.
- Role of international trade and growth of imports from Far East – trends from 2005-10.
- Domestic and contract end-use sectors for total wood floorcoverings market – mix by value, DIY/new housing/professional installations, Key end-use sectors (share by Commercial Retail, Leisure etc.), etc. Contract wood flooring market 2005-10.
- Outlook for the overall industry, prospects for wood in relation to other floorcoverings, short term prospects in 2011- 12, and longer term forecasts up to 2015, key factors influencing market recovery.
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURES
- Review of leading suppliers in the wood floorcoverings market, including manufacturers, importers, distributors and wholesalers.
- Analysis of market share of leading suppliers in UK market, company information, market positioning, changing supply structure etc.
- Structure of distribution channels for supply of wood floorcovering products – domestic and contract supply.
- Distribution share for major channels, including review of major organisations within each channel, changes in distribution in recent years.
FUTURE PROSPECTS/KEY INFLUENCES
- Key influences on the wood/laminate floorcoverings market, factors affecting volume and value performance. Future prospects for the contract and domestic sectors.
- Review of key external factors influencing market – economic prospects, housing and construction, stock of dwellings, interest rates & inflation, etc. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1.2 Sources Of Information
2. Summary And Future Prospects
2.2 Future Prospects
3. Economic Environment
3.2 Inflation & Interest Rates
3.4 Household Consumption
3.5 Housing & Construction
3.7 Population Profile
4. Overview Of Total Floorcoverings Market
4.1 Background And Definition
4.2 Market Size
4.2.1 Current Situation
4.2.2 Future Prospects
4.3 Floorcoverings Product Mix
4.3.1 Overall Floorcoverings Market Performance
4.4 End Use Applications
5. Wood Floorcoverings Market
5.1.1 Solid Wood
5.1.2 Engineered Wood
5.2 Market Overview
5.2.1 Market Trends And Characteristics
5.2.2 Current Situation
5.3 Key Market Influences
5.3.1 The Housing Market
5.3.2 Non-Domestic Construction
5.3.3 Household Spending And Disposable Incomes
5.3.4 Penetration Into Additional Areas
5.3.5 Trends In Design And Home Décor
5.4 Product Mix
5.4.2 Solid And Engineered Woods
5.5 International Trade
5.5.1 Import Sources
5.5.2 Export Destinations
5.6 End-Use Mix
5.6.1 Domestic Sector
5.6.2 Contract Sector
5.7 Future Prospects
6. Key Suppliers
6.2 Market Share
6.2.1 Total Wood Floorcoverings Market
6.2.2 Solid & Engineered Wood Market
6.3 Leading Suppliers
6.4 Distributors And Wholesalers
7.1 Distribution Structure
7.2 Domestic Distribution Major Channels
7.2.2 Domestic Distribution Channel Shares
7.3 Domestic Distribution Channels
7.3.1 Diy Multiples
7.3.2 Floorcoverings Multiples
7.3.3 Builders Merchants And Trade Counters
7.3.4 Furniture/Furnishing Multiples
7.3.5 Floorcovering Independents
7.3.6 Department Stores & Variety Stores
7.3.7 Mail Order & Catalogue Stores
7.4 Contract/Commercial Distribution Channels
The wood floorcoverings sector has been negatively affected by the recession with a decline in non-essential consumer spending and a significant downturn in the housing market key factors in an estimated 19% decline in market value 2008-10. In 2010, the wood flooring sector (solid wood, engineered wood and laminates), was estimated to account for around 16% value share of the total UK floorcoverings sector, which is estimated to be worth some £1.8bn. The contract woods sector has also experienced more difficult conditions in 2010 and into H1 2011 as key end-use sectors experienced significant downturn in new build output as well as refurbishment levels.
The market has been particularly affected by the downturn in the housing market with installations into new build impacted by declining completion numbers, but with woods also facing increasing competition from alternative floorcoverings such as porcelain and natural stone floor tiles.
Although the recession has had a negative impact on laminate sales, this sector was already experiencing a downward trend prior to 2008. Indications are that the peak for laminate sales occurred in 2004 with the sector experiencing an estimated 14% value decline 2005-08. The experience of the laminates sector over the last 2 years has been for 21% decline in value 2008-10, with the lower market sectors particularly affected by the downturn in domestic DIY installations
Contrasting with the experience of laminates, solid & engineered woods experienced growth of an estimated 22% 2005-08, but has subsequently declined by around 13% to 2010 with value of around £103m. Solid and engineered woods have experienced a measure of interest in the middle and upper market sectors stimulated by the “improve not move” trend.
Imports continue to dominate the market given the leading positions of some international floorcovering groups in the UK market.
The market for wood flooring into H2 2011 is currently described as difficult with sources indicting that trading has been volatile throughout the year. The recovery of the housing market remains key to the revival of the wood floorcoverings market.
The contract sector is likely to recover at a slower rate than the domestic market indicating potential for some reversal of the trend towards contract installations in the end-use application mix for wood floorcoverings in recent years. Traditionally, the contract floorcoverings market has been considerably less volatile than the domestic sector, but future growth for contract woods is largely dependent on recovery in key commercial sectors.
Decline in laminate volumes is likely to continue with the market having peaked in 2004. However, the trend in the market in recent years towards more middle and upper market laminates, could help to partly offset the impact on value decline.
The prospects for solid and engineered woods appear to be more positive than for laminates, with annual growth rates of 3-5% currently forecast to 2015 when market value is expected to reach £116m.
- Allied Carpets
- Atkinson & Kirby
- Beach Bros
- Beaulieu International Group (BIG)
- BHK Flooring
- British Hardwoods
- Carpets & Flooring
- CF Anderson Timber Products
- Egger Group
- Hamberger Flooring
- Hoebeek UK
- International Decorative Surfaces (IDS)
- Junckers, Kährs
- Kenton Floors
- Kronospan UK
- Responsive Designs
- Rovers Flooring
- Sonae Industrie
- STS Flooring Supertex
- Tarkett Group
- The Natural Floor Company
- Timbmet Group
- Topps Tiles
- United Carpets
- Volunta Parket
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|