- Published: October 2011
WSI Industries, Inc. (WSCI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Published: January 2013
- Region: Global
- 27 pages
WSI Industries, Inc. (WSI) is a manufacturer of metal components. WSI serves various industries including aerospace, defense, recreational vehicles, avionics, energy and bioscience. The company operates through over 35 major machining centers, which include horizontal machining centers, vertical machining centers and CNC turning lathes. The company's products are certified by the ISO 9001: 2008 standards. WSI is headquartered in Monticello, Minnesota, the US.
The company believes aerospace industry to be a strong segment over the next decade.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of WSI Industries, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
WSI Industries, Inc. - Key Facts
WSI Industries, Inc. - Key Employees
WSI Industries, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
WSI Industries, Inc. - Major Products and Services
WSI Industries, Inc. - History
WSI Industries, Inc. - Company Statement
WSI Industries, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
WSI Industries, Inc. - Business Description
WSI Industries, Inc. - Corporate Strategy
WSI Industries, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
WSI Industries, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Diverse Mix of Markets
Strength - Improved Operating Performance
Strength - Strong Manufacturing Base
WSI Industries, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Increasing Receivables
Weakness - Dependence on Few Customers
WSI Industries, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growing US Aerospace Industry
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Small and Mid Size Cars
WSI Industries, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes
Threat - Stringent Regulations
Threat - Tough Competitive Market
WSI Industries, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
WSI Industries, Inc., Key Facts
WSI Industries, Inc., Key Employees
WSI Industries, Inc., Key Employee Biographies
WSI Industries, Inc., Major Products and Services
WSI Industries, Inc., History
WSI Industries, Inc., Subsidiaries
WSI Industries, Inc., Key Competitors
WSI Industries, Inc., Ratios based on current share price
WSI Industries, Inc., Annual Ratios
WSI Industries, Inc., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
WSI Industries, Inc., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
WSI Industries, Inc., Ratio Charts
Gibbs Die Casting Corp.
Martinrea International Inc
BE Aerospace, Inc.
Magna International Inc.
Dana Holding Corporation
Delphi Automotive LLP
TransDigm Group Incorporated