• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Indian Wine Market Outlook to 2015 - Surging Demand by Women
Ken Research Private Limited, October 2011, Pages: 32
The report titled "Indian Wine Market Outlook to 2015 – Surging Demand by Women" provides a comprehensive analysis on Indian wine market. The report discusses in details various aspects such as market size of wine on the basis of consumption, per capita consumption, market segmentation, competitive landscape and company profiles of the major players operating in the country.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of Indian wine industry on the basis of consumption and per capita consumption
- Government regulations affecting the alcoholic beverage and wine market
- Market segmentation of the Indian wine market
- Recent trends and developments in the industry
- Competitive landscape of the various players operating in the country
- Company profiles of leading players in wine market
- Future outlook on the basis of assumed scenarios i.e. base case, worst case and aggressive case on wine consumption and per capita consumption in India, from 2011-2015
Products Mentioned in this report:
- Red wine
- White wine
- Sparkling wine
- Rose wine
1. Indian Wine Industry Market Introduction
2. Indian Wine Government Licensing and Regulations
3. Indian Wine Market Size, FY'2005-FY'2010
4. Indian Wine Market Segmentation
- By Product, FY'2010
- By Place, FY'2010
- by Type of trade, FY'2010
5. Indian Wine Industry Trends and Developments
6. Indian Wine Market Competitive Landscape
7. Indian Wine Market Future Outlook
- Cause and Effect Relationship between dependent and independent factors prevailing in Indian Wine Industry
- Indian Wine Industry Projections, FY'2011 – FY'2015
8. India Macro Economic Indicators: Current and Projections
- Population of 20 years and above, 2005-2015
- Consumer Expenditure on Food, Beverage and Tobacco, 2007-2015
- Market Definition
- Research Methodology
- Data Collection Methods
- Variables (Dependent and Independent)
- Multi Factor Based Sensitivity Model
- Scenario Analysis
- Final Conclusion
List Of Figures:
Figure 1: Indian Wine Market Consumption in Million Cases, and Consumption per Capita in Milliliters, FY'2005-FY'2010
Figure 2: Indian Wine Industry Market Consumption by Product Type in Percentage, FY'2010
Figure 3: Indian Wine Market Consumption by Place, in Percentage, FY'2010
Figure 4: Indian Wine Sales by Type of Trade, in Percentage, FY'2010
Figure 5: Wines Manufacturing Companies' Market Share in India in Percentage, FY'2010
Figure 6: Indian Wine Industry Projections in terms of Consumption in Million Cases, FY'2011-FY'2015
Figure 7: Indian Wine Industry Projections in terms of Consumption per Capita in Milliliters, FY'2011-FY'2015
Figure 8: Population of 20 years and above in Million, 2005-2015
Figure 9: Consumer Expenditure on Food, Beverage and Tobacco in USD Million, 2007-2015
List Of Tables:
Table 1: Indian Governments' Alcoholic Beverages and Wine Regulations Present Scenario and Impact
Table 2: Wines Manufacturing Companies' Sales in India in Million Cases, FY'2010
Table 3: Competitive Landscape of Major Players in the Indian Wine Industry
Table 4: Cause and Effect Relationship Analysis between Industry Factors and Expected Wine Market Prospects
Table 5: Indian Wine Industry Projections in terms of Consumption in Million Cases, FY'2011-FY'2015
Table 6: Correlation Matrix
Table 7: Regression Coefficients Output
The report titled “Indian Wine Market Outlook to 2015 – Surging Demand by Women” provides a comprehensive analysis on Indian wine market. The report discusses in details various aspects such as market size of wine on the basis of consumption, per capita consumption, market segmentation, competitive landscape and company profiles of the major players operating in the country.
The future projections are presented for the base case, conservative case and aggressive case scenario providing an insight on the prospects in the Indian wine industry.
Over the past 5 years, wine consumption has grown at a rapid pace except in FY’2009. In 2009, the wine industry suffered a drastic slowdown due to the global economic crisis, inflation, poor monsoon in Mumbai, Government Taxes and November 26, 2008 terrorist attack on Mumbai. Wine consumption has grown at a stupendous CAGR of 25.1% in the last 5 years from consumption of 0.62 million in FY’2005 to ~ million cases in FY’2010. The per capita consumption of wine was ~ milliliters in FY’2010 which has grown at a CAGR of 23.2%.
Red wine is the most consumed type of wine in India. It accounts for more than half, i.e. ~% of the total wine consumed in India. White wine is also following it closely, and is positioned as the second most consumed wine in India with a consumption share of ~%. Sparkling wine or champagne is the third largest wine segment with the wine consumption accounting for ~% in India. Champagne consumption has mostly been limited due to the perception and positioning as a celebration or a special occasion drink.
Mumbai is the largest wine consuming place accounting for ~% of the total wine consumption in India. This is due to high population, increasing parties and social events, presence of elite people and Bollywood stars, rise in hotels businesses and increasing restaurants. Delhi is the second largest wine consuming city accounting for more than ~% wine sales in India.
The Indian Wine industry is dominated by domestic players. The main players include Chateau Indage, Sula Vineyards and Grover Vineyards. They contribute ~%, ~%, ~% respectively in the domestic premium segment in FY’2010. These companies have several brands under their portfolio, offering several imported and exotic wines.
Wine industry can achieve a supernormal growth by increasing the quality and standard of wine produced, spreading awareness, proper positioning, improved branding and promotion and assistance from government and wine boards in the form of favorable policies and subsidies.
- Chateau Indage
- Sula Vineyards
- Grover Vineyards
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.