• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Sweden B2C E-Commerce Report 2011
yStats.com GmbH & Co. KG, November 2011, Pages: 49
"Sweden leading in internet use
The latest “Sweden B2C E-Commerce Report 2011” compiled by market research firm yStats provides information about B2C E-Commerce in Sweden. Aside from internet use and online purchases, also revenues and competitors are analyzed.
Sweden is one of the leading countries worldwide when it comes to internet use. Despite the high rate of internet penetration, there is still further potential for growth.
Online purchases very popular with Swedes
In 2010, as much as 90 % of the Swedish population used the internet. Furthermore, almost 70 % of the Swedes searched for information on a search engine prior to making online purchases. Growth in B2C E-Commerce revenue is expected to reach slightly under 10 % in 2011. According to the “Sweden B2C E-Commerce Report 2011” by yStats in 2010 the leading product categories in B2C E-Commerce were “travel,” “consumer electronics,” “fashion and shoes” as well as “media/entertainment.” The most popular online shops with Swedish customers were Adlibris (books), Cdon (books and other media), Ellos (fashion) und H&M (fashion)."
- In the last three months of 2010, approximately half of respondents in Sweden used the Internet for “purchasing/ordering goods or services“.
- The share of B2C E-Commerce on total retail sales in Sweden is expected to reach almost 5% in 2011.
- “Travel“ was the leading product category in Swedish B2C E-Commerce in Q3 2010, followed by “Electronics“ and “Clothing & Shoes“.
- The number of Internet users in Sweden reached 8.5 million in 2010, accounting for more than 90% of the total country population.
- Online book retailer Adlibris was the most popular online shop for the Swedish population in October 2010, followed by media goods online shop Cdon, fashion online shops Ellos and H&M and aucion website Tradera.
About these Reports:
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The authors international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- The authors deliver all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
*For sample page requests please contact our customer enquiry team
1. Management Summary
- Internet and B2C E-Commerce Trends in Sweden
- Activities of the Swedish Population on the Internet within 3 Months, in %, 2010
- Steps taken before making a Purchase online in the Nordic Region, in %, 2010
- Average Number of Purchases in Nordic Countries, 6 Months to Q3 2010
- Consumers' Drivers to B2CE-Commerce in Sweden, in %, Q3 2010
- Sources of B2C E-Commerce Product Information for Consumers in Sweden, in %, Q2 2011
- Share of Online Shoppers bought from Abroad in Nordic Countries, in %, 2010
- Home Shopping (incl. E-Commerce) Payment Methods in the Nordic Region, in % of Home Shoppers, 2010
- Broadband Trends in Sweden
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in Sweden, in SEK billion, 2003-2011f
- Average total Online Spending per capita in Nordic Countries, in EUR, Q3 2010
- Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in Sweden, in %, 2005-2011f
- Types of Goods and Services bought Online in Sweden, by Age Groups, in %, 2010
- B2C E-Commerce Sales of selected Product Categories in Sweden, in SEK billion, 2010
- Growth of selected B2C E-Commerce Product Categories in Sweden, in %, Q2 2011 vs. Q2 2010
- B2C E-Commerce per Product Category in Sweden, in %, Q3 2010
- Share of Swedish Consumers who expect to increase Consumption in selected B2C E-Commerce Product Categories, in %, Q3 2010
- Share of Products bought from Abroad (from foreign Sites) in Nordic Countries, by Category, in %, 2010
6. Users / Shoppers
- European Internet Usage by Country, ranked by total Unique Visitors, May 2011
- Individuals in Europe using the Internet, by Country, in %, 2008-2010
- Internet and Broadband Household Penetration, by Households, in %, 2008-2010
- Internet Users (millions) and Percentage of Country Population in Sweden, 2007-2010
- Percentage of Population that uses the Internet on a daily Basis in Sweden, in %, 2003-2010
- Internet Usage, by Age Groups in Sweden, in %, 2010
- Online Shoppers in Sweden, in % of Internet Users, 2000-2010
- Online Shoppers by Age Groups in Sweden, in %, 2010
- Penetration of Online Shoppers in Sweden, by Age Group and Gender, in % of Population, 2010
- Internet Users who have made Online Purchases in Nordic Countries, in %, last 6 Months to Q3 2010
- Share of Consumers who buy Goods Online in Sweden, in %, Q2 2011
- Share of Consumers who plan to shop Online in Sweden, in %, Q3 2011
- Top 10 most popular Online Shops in Sweden, in %, October 2010
- Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Sweden; by Unique Visitors and Audience Reach, September 2011
- 20 Swedish Online Shops, ranked by different Usability Criteria, in %, August 2011
- Facts about Adlibris.com
- Facts about Cdon.se
- Facts about Ellos.se
- News about Members.com, 2011