• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
US Market for Wireless Telecom Carriers
Taiyou Research, October 2012, Pages: 130
The wireless telecommunications carriers industry in the States has posted continual growth, with subscriber numbers on the rise in recent years. Consumers are becoming increasingly dependent on cell phones for voice and messaging services, leading to a surge in demand for wireless telecommunications carriers. Significant price competition is expected to play a major role in the industry's performance in the coming years.
The wireless telecom carriers industry in the US comprises of establishments primarily engaged in providing two-way radiotelephone communications services, such as cellular telephone services. It also includes companies that are engaged in providing telephone paging and beeper services and those engaged in leasing telephone lines or other methods of telephone transmission, such as optical fiber lines and microwave or satellite facilities, and reselling the use of such methods to others. With each passing year, and each new generation of products introduced in the marketplace, it's getting harder and harder to pigeonhole companies and their products into traditional categories like telecommunications, computer hardware, and consumer electronics.
Major players in the market are Verizon Wireless, AT&T Inc., Sprint Nextel Corporation, and Deutsche Telekom AG. During the five years to 2010, subscriber numbers increased by just over nine percent annually, driving industry revenue up at an average annualized rate of below five percent. Industry revenue growth has lagged behind subscriber growth because intense competition has caused prices to fall. The importance of wireless telecommunications to the everyday lives of Americans has pushed subscriber numbers to an estimated 293 million in 2010, or 93% of the population.
Recently, President Barack Obama has endorsed a wireless spectrum hike plan proposed by the FCC, which will nearly double the currently available spectrum for wireless broadband services. The FCC together with the U.S. Department of Commerce will identify unused airwaves to raise the available spectrum size to 500 MHz in the next 10 years.
In this industry scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the US Market for Wireless Telecom Carriers in its report US Market for Wireless Telecom Carriers. The report covers the following:
- An analysis of the US wireless telecommunications services market that includes an industry overview, market value and volume, and a look at the competitive landscape.
- An analysis of the industry statistics of the wireless telecom carriers in the US.
- An analysis of the major market segments, that is, general consumer, small and medium businesses, and corporate.
- A basic analysis of the market includes an analysis of the major products & Services, growing consumer demand, a life cycle analysis of the industry, a look at the capital intensity of the market, the low levels of revenue volatility in the industry, and an analysis of international trade in the industry.
- Following the market analyses by segments, we analyze the market by region. Major regions analyzed in this report are the Great Lakes region, Mid-Atlantic region, Southeast region, and the Western region.
- An analysis of the regulatory framework governing the industry includes spectrum allocation rules, regulation of competition and prices, the regulation of the internet, and the regulation of metered bandwidth pricing.
- Industry consolidation and industry globalization are analyzed, along with an analysis of the consolidation of industry processes.
- Industry trends and factors driving the industry growth are also analyzed in the report.
- Competition in the industry is analyzed through the competitive landscape, factors driving competition, the strategic growth factors for market players to consider, and the cost of service - a major deciding factor for consumers in the industry. Barriers to market entry are also discussed.
- Industry leaders analyzed in the report include AT&T Inc, Deutsche Telekom AG, Sprint Nextel Corporation, and Verizon Communications. Each player is analyzed through a company overview, an analysis of the business segments they operate in, an analysis of their major products & services, a financial analysis, an analysis of their performance in the US wireless telecom sector, and a SWOT analysis.
An industry outlook completes this comprehensive report from Taiyou Research on the US Market for Wireless Telecom Carriers.
1. Executive Summary
2. Industry Definition
3. Analysis of the US Wireless Telecommunications Services Market
3.1 Industry Overview
3.2 Market Value
3.3 Market Volume
3.4 Competitive Landscape
4. Wireless Telecom Carriers in the US: Market Profile
5. Major Market Segment Analysis
5.1 General Consumer Segment
5.2 Small and Medium Businesses Segment
5.3 Corporate Segment
6. Analysis of the Market
6.1 Major Products & Services
6.2 Consumer Demand
6.3 Industry Life Cycle Analysis
6.4 Market Capital Intensity
6.5 Low Levels of Revenue Volatility
6.6 Import/Export Scenario
7. Market Analysis by Region
7.2 Great Lakes Region
7.3 Mid-Atlantic Region
7.4 Southeast Region
7.5 Western Region
8. Regulatory Framework
8.1 Regulatory Overview
8.2 Spectrum Allocation
8.3 Regulating Competition
8.4 Regulating Prices
8.5 Regulation of Internet
8.6 Regulating Metered Bandwidth Pricing
9. Consolidation in the Industry
9.1 Market Consolidation
9.2 Consolidation of Processes
10. Industry Globalization
11. Industry Trends
11.1 Market Saturation
11.2 Rising Investment in Telecom Infrastructure
11.3 Declining Market Prices
11.4 Merger & Acquisitions on the Rise
12. Factors Driving Growth
12.1 Fierce Market Competition
12.2 New Products & Services: From 1G to 4G & Femtocells
12.3 Rising Disposable Incomes
12.4 Growing Population
13. Competition in the Industry
13.1 Competitive Landscape
13.2 Factors Driving Competition
13.2.1 Differentiating in Prices
13.2.2 Service as a Decision Maker
13.2.3 Innovation in Product Offerings
13.2.4 Importance of Geographic Coverage
13.2.5 External Competition from Telecom Resellers
13.3 Strategic Growth Factors for Market Players
13.4 Dealing with Cost of Service
13.5 Market Entry
14. Major Industry Players
14.1 AT&T Inc
14.1.1 Company Overview
14.1.2 Business Segment Analysis
14.1.3 Major Products & Services
14.1.4 Financial Analysis
14.1.5 Performance in the US Wireless Telecom Industry
14.1.6 SWOT Analysis
14.2 Deutsche Telekom AG
14.2.1 Company Overview
14.2.2 Business Segment Analysis
14.2.3 Major Products & Services
14.2.4 Financial Analysis
14.2.5 Performance in the US Wireless Telecom Industry
14.2.6 SWOT Analysis
14.3 Sprint Nextel Corporation
14.3.1 Company Overview
14.3.2 Business Segment Analysis
14.3.3 Major Products & Services
14.3.4 Financial Analysis
14.3.5 Performance in the US Wireless Telecom Industry
14.3.6 SWOT Analysis
14.4 Verizon Communications Inc.
14.4.1 Company Overview
14.4.2 Business Segment Analysis
14.4.3 Major Products & Services
14.4.4 Financial Analysis
14.4.5 Performance in the US Wireless Telecom Industry
14.4.6 SWOT Analysis
15. Industry Outlook
- AT&T Inc
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Sprint Nextel Corporation
- Verizon Communications Inc.
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.