- Language: English
- Published: December 2012
Turkey Top 100 E-Commerce Players 2011
- Published: November 2011
- Region: Turkey
- 3 Pages
- yStats.com GmbH & Co. KG
Sahibinden.com dominates Turkish E-Commerce
The latest and highly informative “Turkey Top 100 E-Commerce Players 2011” ranking, compiled by the Hamburg-based market research firm yStats.com, presents the 100 most successful players on the Turkish E-Commerce market. Turkey's top 100 E-Commerce players have been ranked based on local unique visitor numbers from September 2011.
The yStats.com ranking highlights important details about competitors in the Turkish E-Commerce sector, shareholders, business models, product ranges, local and global unique visitor numbers and strategic news. For a few selected competitors, E-Commerce revenue figures are also provided.
Consumer electronics are highly demanded in Turkish E-Commerce
As shown in the “Turkey Top 100 E-Commerce Players 2011” ranking by yStats.com, consumer electronics are very popular in the Turkish E-Commerce market – more than one quarter of all analyzed competitors distributes products in this category. Fashion, another popular category for online purchases, is distributed by almost one fifth of all online shops. Other popular online shopping categories are media, jewellery and auto parts. Overall, the market is dominated by marketplaces, multi-category retailers and private shopping sites.
Sahibinden.com and Gitti Gidiyor – successful Turkish E-Commerce players
The most successful Turkish E-Commerce player is the marketplace Sahibinden.com based on yStats “Turkey Top 100 E-Commerce Players 2011” ranking. Auction platform Gitti Gidiyor, 93% of whose shares have been owned by eBay since April 2011, is ranked second. Multi-category retailer Hepsiburada.com, which also offers Vodafone products, is ranked third. It has distributed more than 330,000 products in more than 36 categories since the beginning of 2011. Araba.com sells auto parts and is ranked fourth. Between 2004 and 2010, 70,000 ads were placed on Araba.com, which counts approximately 2,000 registered retailers. The top 10 of the yStats.com ranking are completed by private shopping site Trendyol, platform Arabam.com, private shopping site Markafoni, price comparison website Ucuzu, private shopping site Limango and market place Elookat Seri Ilanlar.
- Sahibinden.com was the leading E-Commerce player in Turkey in terms of unique visitors in September 2011, followed by auction platform Gitti Gidiyor.
- Multi-category retailer Hepsiburada is ranked third, as the company distributed more than 330,000 products in more than 36 categories in 2011.
- Private shopping site Trendyol is also within the Top 10 of the ranking. The site already had 2 million registered users in the beginning of 2011.
- Electronics are very popular in Turkey, as more than one quarter of all analyzed competitors distribute products in this category.
- Fashion, media, jewellery and auto parts are other important product categories for the leading E-Commerce players in Turkey.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
*For sample page request please contact our customer service team SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Rank 1: Sahibinden.com
- Rank 2: Gitti Gidiyor
- Rank 3: Hepsiburada
- Rank 4: Araba.com
- Rank 5: Trendyol
- Rank 6: Arabam.com
- Rank 7: Markafoni
- Rank 8: Ucuzu
- Rank 9: limango
- Rank 10: Elookat Seri Ilanlar
- Rank 11: Akakce.com
- Rank 12: Sehirfirsati
- Rank 13: Vatan Computer
- Rank 14: Otoaraba
- Rank 15: Teknosa
- Rank 16: Grupfoni
- Rank 17: Cimri
- Rank 18: Otogazete
- Rank 19: Kitapyurdu.com
- Rank 20: Grupanya
- Rank 21: Hizlial.com
- Rank 22: Istanbul Bilisim
- Rank 23: Alalimsatalim
- Rank 24: Intoko Kijiji
- Rank 25: Tatilsepeti
- Rank 26: Biletix
- Rank 27: Gold Teknoloji Marketleri
- Rank 28: Yemeksepeti
- Rank 29: Koctas
- Rank 30: Ciceksepeti
- Rank 31-100
- Gitti Gidiyor
- Elookat Seri Ilanlar
- Vatan Computer
- Istanbul Bilisim
- Intoko Kijiji
- Gold Teknoloji Marketleri
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Hard Copy||A printed copy of the report will be shipped to you.|
|CD ROM||The report will be shipped to you in CD ROM format.|
|Site License||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a site license, allowing all users within a given geographical location of your organisation access to the product.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|