A monthly digest of international developments in research, design, manufacturing, testing and recycling of all advanced composites – organic and inorganic fibres and fillers, polymers, metal and ceramic matrices, hybrid and macrocomposite systems.
Every month, Advanced Composites Bulletin keeps its readers informed about new materials, new technologies, the latest research, product launches, business and industry news, environmental issues and concerns, shows and conferences, and more. It covers all application areas, including aerospace, automotive, marine, civil engineering, computer technology, energy generation, electrical engineering, sports and leisure, and recycling.
- Producing microvascular networks using sacrificial polylactic acid fibres
- Standard determines fatigue properties of open-hole laminates
- Software enables accurate prediction of load capacity
- Resin formulation improves strength of prepreg
- Carbon nanofibre/polymer coating improves fireresistance of PU foams
- World’s largest reinforced plastic façade built
- Photoactive composite for soft-tissue restoration
- Owens Corning posts 5% increase in sales
- TenCate boosted by 30% increase in firsthalf revenues
- DSM buoyed by 3% increase in earnings
- US consortium to develop low-cost carbon fibre
- Teijin wins award for thermoplastic compression moulding process
- Carbon composite sheet developed for automotive applications
- BMW’s mass production technology debuts on sports car