• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
India B2C E-Commerce Report 2011
yStats.com GmbH & Co. KG, December 2011, Pages: 44
Great potential of Indian B2C E-Commerce
The latest “India B2C E-Commerce Report 2011” by Hamburg-based market research firm yStats.com presents the most important B2C E-Commerce facts on the Indian market. The report features the biggest B2C E-Commerce players, revenue figures and market shares, along with consumers, product categories and trends.
The number of internet users in India is expected to reach more than 230 million by 2015, which corresponds to almost 20 % of the population. Despite these numbers, online shops are still confronted with various challenges.
Online shopping finds little support in India
Indian online shops need to take into account that the average Indian consumer still shows little interest in online shopping. One of the main challenges that online shops have been confronted with for a long time is the desire of Indian consumers to see and touch products before buying them. As a result, many retailers offer cash-on-delivery payment and convenient return and refund options. Nonetheless, B2C E-Commerce experienced a more than 30 % growth from 2010 to 2011 in India. As shown in the yStats.com “India B2C E-Commerce Report 2011”, the leading product categories include “Mobile Phones and Accessories”, followed by “Computer Hardware” and “Consumer Electronics”. In October 2011, the leading B2C E-Commerce player in terms of unique visitor numbers was Homeshop18.com, followed by Letsbuy.com, Indiatimes Shopping and Rediff Shopping.
- The number of Indian Internet users is expected to reach more than 230 million in 2015, accounting for almost 20% of the total population.
- Indian online shops have to take into consideration the average Indian‘s hesitation to online shopping. One of the major challenges long faced by E-Commerce portals is to meet the need of Indian customers to touchand-
feel a product before purchase.
- “Computer Software“ was the retail subcategory with the highest audience reach in India in March 2011, followed by “Consumer Electronics“ and “Computer Hardware“.
- Homeshop18.com was the leading B2C E-Commerce player in India in terms of unique visitors in October 2011, followed by Letsbuy.com, Shopping.indiatimes.com and Shopping.rediff.com.
- In June 2011, Snapdeal.com was the most popular coupon website in India, followed by Dealsandyou.com, Mydala.com and Sosasta.com."
- Sahibinden.com was the leading E-Commerce player in Turkey in terms of unique visitors in September 2011, followed by auction platform Gitti Gidiyor.
- Multi-category retailer Hepsiburada is ranked third, as the company distributed more than 330,000 products in more than 36 categories in 2011.
- Private shopping site Trendyol is also within the Top 10 of the ranking. The site already had 2 million registered users in the beginning of 2011.
- Electronics are very popular in Turkey, as more than one quarter of all analyzed competitors distribute products in this category.
- Fashion, media, jewellery and auto parts are other important product categories for the leading E-Commerce players in Turkey.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author’s international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
*For sample page request please contact our customer service team
1. Management Summary
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in India, 2011
- Most popular Internet Activities in India, in %, Q2 2011
- Payment Methods Ever Used and Most Used in India, in % of Online Shoppers, 2009
- Reasons for not Shopping Online in India, in % of Internet Users who do not shop Online, in 2009
- Breakdown of the Audience of Coupon Websites in India, by Gender and Age, in %, June 2011
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in India, in INR billion, 2011 & 2015f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in India, in INR billion, 2007-2011f
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales in India, into Travel and Products, in %, December 2011f
- Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in India, in %, 2007-2011f
- Major Product Categories in B2C E-Commerce in India, in % and INR billion, 2009
- Most popular Products and most popular Travel Products in India, in %, Q2 2011
- Reach of Retail Subcategories in India, in %, March 2011
6. Users / Shoppers
- Number of Internet Users in India, in millions, 2010 & 2015f
- Number of active Internet Users and Number of Internet using Households, in millions, 2010 & 2011
- Share of Internet Users, by Access Device, in %, 2010 & 2015f
- Number of Online Shoppers and People who searched for Information online in India, in millions, 2009
- Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in India; by Unique Visitors and Audience Reach, October 2011
- Facts about Homeshop18.com
- Facts about Letsbuy.com
- Facts about Shopping.indiatimes.com
- Facts about Shopping.rediff.com
- News about the Launch of Amazon in India, 2011
- News about Indian E-Commerce Firms Inkfruit, Engrave and Pipal, June 2011
- News about Shopping Club Brandmile, 2011
- News about Carrefour India, 2011
- Leading Coupon Sites in India by Unique Visitors, in thousands, June 2011
- News about Snapdeal.com, 2011
- News about Groupon India, 2011
- Leading Online Travel Web Sites in India, by Unique Visitors, in thousands, April 2010 & April 2011
- Indian Railways
- Yatra Online
- Expedia Inc.