- Language: English
- 41 Pages
- Published: August 2014
Canara Bank (CANBK) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ID: 2011973
- October 2014
- 32 pages
Canara Bank (CANBK) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by The publisher to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Canara Bank (Canara) is a banking and financial services provider. Its banking services include corporate and personal banking, industrial finance, agricultural finance, trade financing and international banking. The bank's personal banking products and services portfolio includes savings, current, fixed, and recurring deposits, as well as term deposits and other deposit products. Canara Bank offers loans and advances including personal loans, loans for traders, agricultural loans, export finance, housing loans, and other loans. The bank also provides safe deposit lockers and custody services; card services; and consulting services in the areas of debenture or security trusteeship, will and executorships, trusteeship, and personal tax assistance and power of attorney services. The bank has presence in seven countries including the UK, China, Bahrain, South Africa, the UAE and Russia. The bank is headquartered in Karnataka, India.
Canara intends to expand its distribution network in order to efficiency reach its existing customer base and acquire new clients. In line with this, it undertook a massive branch expansion drive in 2013-14 and added 1,027 domestic branches during the year.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Canara Bank - Key Facts
Canara Bank - Key Employees
Canara Bank - Major Products and Services
Canara Bank - History
Canara Bank - Company Statement
Canara Bank - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Canara Bank - Business Description
Canara Bank - Corporate Strategy
Canara Bank - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Canara Bank - Strengths
Strength - Capital Adequacy
Strength - Asset Quality
Strength - Distribution Network
Canara Bank - Weaknesses
Weakness - Net Interest Margin
Weakness - Cost Efficiency
Canara Bank - Opportunities
Opportunity - Improvement in Economic Outlook: India
Opportunity - Network Expansion
Canara Bank - Threats
Threat - Basel III Norms on Capital Requirements
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Low Interest Rate Environment
Canara Bank - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Canara Bank, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments
Apr 02, 2013: NTPC Signs Three Loan Agreements Totaling INR18.7 Billion With Domestic Banks In India
Section 5 – Appendix
List of Tables
Canara Bank, Key Facts
Canara Bank, Key Employees
Canara Bank, Major Products and Services
Canara Bank, History
Canara Bank, Other Locations
Canara Bank, Subsidiaries
Canara Bank, Key Competitors
Canara Bank, Ratios based on current share price
Canara Bank, Annual Ratios
Canara Bank, Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Canara Bank, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014)
Canara Bank, Ratio Charts
Union Bank of India
State Bank of India
Bank of India
Bank of Baroda
Oriental Bank of Commerce
Punjab National Bank