Mexico Iron Ore Mining Market Overview and Forecast to 2020: Trends, Fiscal Regime, Major Projects, and Competitive Landscape
- Published: September 2011
- Region: Mexico
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. (AHMSA-) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Altos Hornos de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. (AHMSA), a subsidiary of Grupo Acerero del Norte S.A., is a Mexico-based company which manufactures steel products. It operates two steelworks plants in an area of approximately 3,000 acres. The company's operations include extraction of coal and iron ore, and manufacture of value-added steel products. AHMSA's steel products portfolio includes flat steel products, such as hot rolled coil, wide plate, cold rolled coil, tinplate and tin-free steel; and non-flat steel products like heavy shapes. AHMSA has its own iron ore mines in Hercules, Coahuila and in some other Mexican states. AHMSA owns coal mines in Palau, located 70 miles from Monclova. AHMSA is headquartered in Monclova, Mexico.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History, Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - Key Facts
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - Key Employees
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - Major Products and Services
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - History
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - Company Statement
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - Business Description
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - Strengths
Strength - Supply of Fuel
Strength - Quality Certified Processes
Strength - Consolidated Steelmaking and Mining Operations
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Operational Performance
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Steel in India and China
Opportunity - Fenix Project
Opportunity - AHMSA 3
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - Threats
Threat - Dangers to Coal Miners
Threat - Environmental Regulations
Threat - Competitive Pressures
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V., Key Facts
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V., Key Employees
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V., Major Products and Services
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V., History
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V., Subsidiaries
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V., Key Competitors
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V., Annual Ratios
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V., Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
Altos Hornos de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V., Ratio Charts
Grupo Mexico S.A.B. de C.V.
Ternium Mexico S.A. de C.V.
Carbonífera de San Patricio, S.A. de C.V