• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
North American Hand Protection PPE Market
Frost & Sullivan, December 2011, Pages: 138
The North American industrial hand protection market includes mechanical, chemical, thermal and special protection gloves. The special protection gloves segment has been further divided into four subsegments, namely, anti-vibration, anti-syringe, electrical insulation and critical environment. The important factors that drive and restrain growth in the market have been assessed. Competitive scenario, product prices and the raw materials used for construction of gloves have been discussed. Detailed revenue forecasts and market share analyses are given for each product type and the total market. The revenue contribution of regions (the United States and Canada) and various types of products in total market has been provided.
Increasing Safety Regulations Drive Safety Awareness Among Employers, Leading to a Rise in Glove Sales
- North America has a history of well-structured safety regulations and standards, primarily dictated by OSHA in the United States and the Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety.
- Under the current administration, OSHA has planned to significantly increase its enforcement efforts. Efforts have increased to draft new standards and update existing standards, which is expected to fuel the market for workplace safety products.
- OSHA’s efforts have ensured that in spite of the economic crisis, the focus on workplace protection and safety does not diminish. Employers are aware that the cost of an injury or a citation or fine is much higher than the cost of providing hand protection to employees.
- Employers that invest consistently in safety tend to have lower insurance payments and absenteeism, higher productivity and employee morale, and a positive brand image. As illnesses, injuries, and fatalities decline, healthcare costs and workers’ compensation costs decline as well.
Total Hand Protection PPE Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Megatrends and Industry Convergence Implications
Mechanical Protection Gloves Market
Chemical Protection Gloves Market
Thermal Protection Gloves Market
Special Protection Gloves Market
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.