• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
European Banknote Industry - Prospects for Printing and Paper Manufacturing
Ken Research Private Limited, January 2012, Pages: 45
The present report on “European Banknote Industry-Prospects for Printing and Paper Manufacturing” discusses a detailed study on European banknote demand and supply. The report entails production and circulation of EU banknotes and coins by value and volume, industry developments and recent trends and major issues prevailing in the industry. Performance of growth drivers indicates future prospects of the industry. The report also discusses competitive environment in the EU banknote industry and profiled major players (DE LA RUE PLC, Giesecke & Devrient GmbH and Oberthur Technologies).
Euro cash in circulation is continuously increasing even outside Euro Zone and reflecting a rapid growth compared to GDP. Euro has a great significance in international market after USD and is rapidly gaining more importance. This trend is pressurizing European Central Bank to maximize production. Security printing market is already established in Western Europe while in Eastern Europe it is slowly gaining popularity. In terms of future prospects, security printing in Eastern Europe has a great potential due to the availability of low cost labor, developing economy, and growing investor’s interest in setting up their printing units in the region.
In 2010, demand for banknotes to be produced was low comparative to the previous year. There was a fall in number of EUR 20 and EUR 50 notes produced in 2010 comparative to previous year. Banknote circulation is increasing over a period of time due to increasing immigrations and countries adopting Euro currency.
After 2004, EU experienced a dramatic growth in its member states population due to rise in net migration and this trend continued till 2008. At present, EU states are facing a shortfall in skilled workers due to a fall in number of immigrants to EU. With the fall in number of migrant workers to EU, circulation of EU currency in value and volume terms has also declined. This trend is momentarily and is expected to change soon with an improvement in European Economy.
- European central bank produced 7.15 billion of Euro banknotes, with a value of EUR ~ billion.
- By volume, there were ~ billion Euro notes in circulation, with an increase of 3.87% compared to ~ billion in 2009.
- In terms of growth rate, Euro 50 and Euro 100 notes grew at high rates of 6.75% and 5.37% respectively, whereas Euro 200 notes showed low growth from previous year.
- In 2010, value of total banknotes in circulation reached EUR ~ billion by growing at a rate 4.13% from previous year.
- Euro coins in circulation has increased in 2010 from previous year by 6.20% reaching ~ billion in terms of volume while its total value grew 4.50% to reach EUR ~ billion.
- The total counterfeited euro notes declined by 11.70% in the 1H’2010 as compared to 1H’2009.
Scope of the report
- The present report may help security printing companies to find future prospects in the EU banknote market.
- With the help of industry size and recent trends and developments new players can form strategies to enter safely in the EU region.
- This report will benefit State printing works, Banknote substrate suppliers, Security technology suppliers and consultants.
- Report covers latest industry figures and segments information.
1. European Banknote Industry
1.1. Life Cycle
1.2. Banknote Printing
1.2.1. Security Printing
2. Euro Currency Performance
2.1. Production of EU Banknotes and Coins
2.1.1. by Volume & Value
2.1.2. Euro Coins by Volume
2.2. Circulation of EU Banknotes and Coins
2.2.1. Euro Banknotes by Value and Volume
2.2.2. Euro Coins by Value and Volume
3. EU Banknote Industry Developments and Opportunities
4. EU Banknote Industry Issues
5. Growth Drivers
5.1. Gross Domestic Product
5.3. Europe Population
6. Industry Players
6.1. Competitive Landscape
6.2. DE LA RUE PLC
6.2.1. Business overview
6.2.2. Recent Updates
6.3. Giesecke & Devrient GmbH
6.3.1. Business overview
6.3.2. Recent Updates
6.4. Oberthur Technologies
6.4.1. Business Overview
6.4.2. Recent Updates
7.2. Research Methodology
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Stages of Banknote Production
Figure 2: Euro Banknotes Production by Volume 2006-2010
Figure 3: Euro Banknotes Production by Value 2006-2010
Figure 4: Euro banknotes in Circulation by Volume 2006-2010
Figure 5: Euro banknotes in Circulation by Value 2006-2010
Figure 6: Euro Coin Growth with Change in Euro-Area GDP, in Percentage, 2006 - 2Q’2011
Figure 7: Counterfeit Euro Banknotes by Denominations in Percentage, 2010
Figure 8: Europe GDP at Current Prices 2006-2010
Figure 9: Number of Employees in Europe, 2010 and 2011
Figure 10: De la Rue Plc Revenues by Geography in Percentage, 2010
Figure 11: Oberthur Technologies Revenues by Geography in Percentage, 2010
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Total Number of Euro Banknotes Produced by Denominations in Million, 2010
Table 2: Allocation of Production of Euro banknotes by Denominations in 2011E
Table 4: Euro banknotes by Denominations in Circulation by Volume (2009-2011 Aug)
Table 5: Change in Euro Coin Monthly Growth in Percentage, 2006-2011
Table 6: EU Immigrants Population Distribution by Countries in 2010
Table 7: Seized Coins from Circulation, 2006-2010
Table 8: EU GDP Growth and Growth in Euro Cash in Circulation in Percentage, 2006-2010
Table 9: EU Population by Countries in Thousand, 2010
Table 10: Major Industry Players
Table 11: Industry Codes
Table 12: Number of M&A and Divestitures, 1986 to 2011
Table 13: Industry Codes
Table 14: Number of M&A and Divestitures, 2000 - 2011
Table 15: Number of M&A and Divestitures, 2000 - 2011
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.