- Language: English
- 99 Pages
- Published: October 2011
COPD Market Forecast
- ID: 2014027
- November 2011
- 6 pages
New product launches for COPD across the seven major markets will override generic erosion and boost market value from $8.2bn in 2011 to $9.6bn by 2020, representing a positive 2011–20 CAGR of 1.8%. Datamonitor forecasts 14 new product launches in COPD over the next 10 years, altering class dynamics and fracturing a market currently dominated by a handful of therapies.
Features and benefits
- Access Datamonitor’s patient based COPD market forecast for the seven major markets, with transparent methodology and clear assumptions.
- See how each new product launch will impact the market, and where the strongest competition lies.
- Gain insight into COPD market dynamics, and see where untapped market potential remains.
- Understand how currently marketed products are vulnerable to competition in the COPD market, and which products are insulated against brand erosion.
- Datamonitor forecasts that sales for COPD will reach $8.2bn in 2011 in the seven major markets, growing to $9.6bn by 2020, representing a positive 2011–20 CAGR of 1.8%, large untapped potential remains. Datamonitor’s survey of 125 pulmonologists shows a low diagnosis rate and large untreated population, particularly among mild patients.
- Datamonitor estimates that in 2011 LAMA dominates the COPD market with 27.1% market share, owing to the wide use of Spiriva. By 2020 highly anticipated LABA/LAMAs are forecast to hold 26.2% of the market, with sales of $2.5bn. The LAMA class’s share will drop to 25.9%, with the class remaining popular among mild and moderate patients.
- Datamonitor estimates that in 2011 Spiriva and Advair together hold 64.4% of the COPD market. Generic erosion and 14 new product launches will result in a more fractured COPD market over the next 10 years. By 2020 Spiriva is forecast to remain the market leader, but its share will drop from 37% to 19%.
Your key questions answered
- What impact will generic erosion of key brands have on the launch of novel pipeline products?
- How will current market leaders be impacted by additional product launches and which products will resist brand erosion?
- How are class dynamics changing in COPD and what will be the most important drug class in 2020?
- How do dynamics in each of the seven major markets compare to each other and which factors have led to commercial success?
- Where does untapped patient potential remain? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Features and benefits
Key questions answered in this report