Printed from http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/2018421
Country Analysis Report - Poland - In-depth PESTLE Insights
The country analysis report on Poland provides a wide array of analytical inputs to analyze the country’s performance, and the objective is to help the reader to make business decisions and prepare for the future. The report on Poland analyzes the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure of Poland. The report provides a holistic view of Poland from historical, current and future perspective. Insightful analysis on critical current and future issues is presented through detailed SCPT (strengths, challenges, prospects and threats /risks) analysis for each of the PESTLE segments. In addition, the PESTLE segments are supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis. The PESTLE country analysis report series provides an in-depth analysis of 50 major countries.
Features and Benefits
- Understanding gained from the country analysis report on Poland can be used to plan business investments or market entry apart from a holistic view of the country.
- Political section on Poland provides inputs about the political system, key figures in the country, and governance indicators.
- Economic section on Poland outlines the economic story of the country to provide a balanced assessment on core macro-economic issues.
- Social section on Poland enables understanding of customer demographics through the income distribution, rural-urban segmentation and centres of affluence, healthcare and educational scenario in the country.
- Technological section on Poland provides strategic inputs on information communications and technology, technological laws and policies, technological gaps, patents data and relevant laws.
- Legal section on Poland provides information about the legal structure, corporate laws, business set-up procedures and the tax regime.
- Environmental section provides information on environmental policies in Poland and the performance in terms of important environmental indicators.
PESTLE analysis of Poland identifies issues that affect the country’s performance through the prism of current strengths (strengths), current challenges (weaknesses), future prospects (opportunities) and future risks (threats).
The political landscape discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Poland in different periods. The economic, social, foreign and defence policies are considered in the political landscape section. It also discusses the performance of the country as per World Bank Governance Indicators.
The economic landscape describes the evolution of the economy of Poland in different periods. It also examines the country’s performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector and employment. The economic landscape also explains the financial system in the country, especially with regard to financial authorities/regulators.
The social landscape covers the demographics, education and healthcare scenario in Poland. The social welfare policies of the government along with the country’s performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution and education are also provided.
The technological landscape discusses the structure and policies in terms of Intellectual property, research & development, technology agreements/pacts; and policies related to the promotion of technology in Poland.
The legal landscape examines the structure of the judicial system, legislation affecting businesses, tax regulations, labor laws, trade regulations and corporate governance in Poland.
The environmental landscape in Poland discusses the environmental regulations and policies of the country. The performance of the country in terms of in terms of environmental indicators and impact of environmental policies is also examined.
"GDP growth in Poland averaged 4.5% during 2002–07, higher than the average growth rate of 3.6% during 1991–2001. Real GDP growth increased to 6.8% in 2007 compared to 1.2% in 2001. Real GDP grew due to an increase in private consumption and strong growth in FDI and exports. Although the growth rate plummeted to 5.1% in 2008, it remained higher than the growth rates of other European nations. Sound monetary and fiscal policies along with reform measures played an important role in the resilience of the Polish economy. While most European countries were still battling recession, Poland witnessed a GDP growth rate of 1.7% in 2009, which further grew to 3.8% in 2010. Datamonitor forecasts the economy to grow by 4.1% in 2011."
Your key questions answered
- What is the outlook in terms of political stability, policies towards businesses, external front and popularity of government in Poland?
- What is the economic performance of Poland in terms of GDP growth, fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, and employment among other economic indicators?
- What is the performance of Poland in terms of healthcare, income distribution and education?
- What is the performance of Poland in technology intensive sectors like telecommunications and information technology, patents and R&D expenditure trends?
- What is the legal structure in Poland and are the laws conducive for investment?
- What is the performance of Poland in terms of environmental indicators and impact of environmental policies?
Key Facts and Geographic Location 10
Key facts 10
Geographic location 11
PESTLE Analysis 12
Political analysis 13
Economic analysis 16
Social analysis 19
Technological analysis 22
Legal analysis 24
Environmental analysis 27
Political Landscape 29
Structure and policies 31
Economic Landscape 38
Structure and policies 39
Social Landscape 56
Structure and policies 56
Technological Landscape 64
Structure and policies 64
Legal Landscape 69
Structure and policies 69
Environmental Landscape 74
Structure and policies 74
Ask the analyst 78
Datamonitor consulting 78
TABLE OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Map of Poland 11
Figure 2: Poland – key political events timeline 31
Figure 3: Poland – key political figures 32
Figure 4: Composition of the Sejm (lower house of parliament) 33
Figure 5: Poland – historical GDP growth, 1991–2010 39
Figure 6: Market capitalization of the Warsaw Stock Exchange, 2003–10 41
Figure 7: GDP and GDP growth rate in Poland, 2004–14 44
Figure 8: GDP composition by sectors, 2010 45
Figure 9: Agricultural output of Poland, 2005–10 46
Figure 10: Industrial output of Poland, 2005–10 47
Figure 11: Services output of Poland, 2005–10 48
Figure 12: Current account balance of Poland, 2005–10 49
Figure 13: External trade of Poland, 2006–10 50
Figure 14: Consumer price index and consumer price index-based inflation in Poland, 2002–13 52
Figure 15: Employment and growth rate in Poland, 2004–14 53
Figure 16: Unemployment rate in Poland, 2004–14 54
Figure 17: Poland – composition by religion 58
Figure 18: Expenditure on healthcare in Poland, 2002–13 61
Figure 19: Public expenditure on education in Poland, 2002–13 62
Figure 20: Growth rate of mobile and fixed line subscribers in Poland, 2002–12 66
Figure 21: Internet users in Poland, 2005–10 67
Figure 22: Carbon dioxide emissions in Poland, 2003–10 76
TABLE OF TABLES
Table 1: Poland – key fundamentals 5
Table 2: Poland – key facts 10
Table 3: Analysis of Poland’s political landscape 13
Table 4: Analysis of Poland’s economy 16
Table 5: Analysis of Poland’s social system 19
Table 6: Analysis of Poland’s technology landscape 22
Table 7: Analysis of Poland’s legal landscape 24
Table 8: Analysis of Poland’s environmental landscape 27
Table 9: Mid-year population by age (millions), 2010 57
Table 10: Patents received from the USPTO, 2003–10 65
Order by Fax - using the order form below
Order By Post - print the order form below and send to
Research and Markets,
Fax order form
To place a fax order simply print this form, fill in and fax the completed form to the number below. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please verify that the product information is correct and select the format you require.
Country Analysis Report - Poland - In-depth PESTLE Insights
Please enter the quantity of the report format you require.
|Hard Copy||EUR 257 + EUR€ 25.00 Shipping/Handling *|
|Electronic (PDF) - Enterprisewide||EUR 643|
|Electronic (PDF) - Single User||EUR 257|
* Shipping/Handling is only charged once per order.
Please enter all the information below in block capitals.
Please fax this form to:
(646) 607-1907 or (646) 964-6609 (from USA)
+353-1-481-1716 or +353-1-653-1571 (from Rest of World)
Please indicate the payment method you would like to use by selecting the appropriate box.
Please post the check, accompanied by this form, to:
Research and Markets,
Please transfer funds to:
27-35 Main Street
If you have a Marketing Code please enter it below:
Please note that by ordering from Research and Markets you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions at http://www.researchandmarkets.com/info/terms.asp