Analysis of the Vision Measuring Machines Market
- ID: 2021157
- December 2011
- 141 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
The vision measuring machines market covers the optical metrology market and its product segments include measuring microscopes, profile projectors and multi-sensor systems product segments. Despite being a mature market, continued growth in certain end user segments spread across many geographic regions means that the market is expected to witness a healthy growth rate. While the performance of the market has been consistent over the past decade, there have been variations in specific geographic regions and end user industries. While there are a few companies that participate in all the segments, most participants specialize in one product segment. After a buoyant 2010 and 2011, growth is expected to mature further in the coming years.
- The vision measuring machines market is witnessing a period of robust growth. However, this is expected to be limited to the short term.
- The market witnessed a steep decline in the 2008-2009 period but has regained it momentum with strong sales in 2010.
- This mature market is expected to witness relatively steady growth with a CAGR of close to x.x percent during the 2011 to 2016 period.
- Multi-Sensor systems continues to be the largest segment and also exhibits faster growth when compared to the other market segments.
- The bulk of manufacturing in automotive, industrial, and electronics is done in Asia, which makes it the biggest market for dimensional metrology equipment.
- The markets for expensive and low-cost equipment are mutually exclusive, with most participants catering to one of the two but not both.
Market Overview Total Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
Measuring Microscopes Segment Breakdown
Profile Projectors Segment Breakdown
Multi-Sensor Systems Segment Breakdown
North America Breakdown
Asia Pacific Breakdown
Rest of World Breakdown
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)