- Language: English
- 110 Pages
- Published: October 2011
Mobile apps: Business case
- Published: January 2012
- Region: Global
- 19 Pages
- B2B Marketing
This business case provides B2B marketers with a background on apps for mobile and how to utilise and implement mobile into their wider marketing strategy. It also presents an understanding of mobile apps designed for marketing tasks that can enhance communication, information management, customer service and live engagement.
The growing penetration of smartphones, as a critical business tool, is clearly evident. However, it’s not just the use of these smartphones that is growing, sales of tablets and other personal devices is quickly evolving which in turn means that it is an exciting time for the development of apps for mobile.
This is a highly potent and emerging new platform for B2B brands, of all sizes and across all sectors, to capitalise on and engage with their target audiences. This document will provide an understanding of apps for mobile designed for marketing tasks that can enable better communication, information management, customer service, live engagement as well as key considerations for their implementation.
This business case will help you:
- Understand the current landscape – recognise the expected ongoing evolution for mobile devices
- Understand the opportunities – use different marketing tools or techniques via mobile channels
- Integrate mobile into you broader marketing strategy – develop a specific approach for mobile targeting your specific customer base
- Plan the development of specific mobile platforms of functionality – determine objectives, measurement and KPIs
- Understand the supplier/vendor landscape for mobile marketing – appoint the most appropriate partners
- Address common challenges or obstacles – adapt your strategy accordingly
- Demonstrate success – present the effectiveness of mobile activity throughout your organisation and to key stakeholders in other departments
- Understand risks – recognise the risks and implications associated with ignoring the mobile apps channel
Who should buy this guide?
Marketing directors, heads of marketing, marketing managers, online marketing managers, CMOs, VPs of marketing, digital marketing managers, and anyone considering mobile apps for a B2B brand. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
About this document
About mobile apps
Definitions and history
Platforms and operating systems
Assessing and measuring risk?
Strategic action plan
Aligning with marketing strategies
Understanding corporate objectives
Integrating with other marketing activities
Functionality and design
Plan for ongoing development
Rollout and promotion
IBM: ‘Seer 2.0’ by OgilvyOne
NXP Semiconductors: ‘Mobile at the fingertips of the engineer’
Siemens: ‘The business technologists’ by IAS B2B Marketing
- NXP Semiconductors