• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Advances in Textiles Technology - Issue 11, 2011
International Newsletters Ltd, November 2011
Advances in Textiles Technology provides comprehensive coverage of textile materials available for commercial use and how to explore the full potential of new textile technology. It includes the latest on state-of-the-art technology for textile applications direct from the companies and research institutes at the forefront of the latest research programs. Each issue covers materials developments, new processes and equipment, safety and protection, testing and standards, and environmental issues.
Topics covered include (but are not limited to): high-performance fibres and yarns, new machinery, advanced manufacturing processes, safety and protection materials, intelligent textiles, developments in finishing, three-dimensional structures and composites.
Fibres and yarns
- Strong metal yarns
- Compact electrospinning apparatus
- Commercial machinery for the production of nanofibres
- High-density weave with low-crimp warp for sailcloth
Coating and laminating
- Cross-linked superabsorbent coatings formed at low temperatures
Filtration and separation
- Partial fibrillation, thermobonding and hydroentanglement combine to produce good filter media
Safety and protection
- Laminate range and ink-jet printing developments for workwear
Sports and leisure
- More shapes for filament yarns
- Football pitch can be wholly recycled
Medical and hygiene
- Hygienic casings for bedding
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.