- Language: English
- 114 Pages
- Published: July 2013
- Region: Great Britain, United Kingdom
This product is currently not available for purchase.
Performance Ratio Benchmarking: Property 2011
- ID: 2023206
- January 2012
- 16 pages
This brief analyzes the loss ratio, the expense ratio, and the COR of the UK private and commercial property market at an industry level, as well as the performance ratios for the top 10 private and commercial property insurers respectively. The expense ratio is examined and broken down by its component parts: commission, administrative, and other acquisition expenses.
- Gain insight into the dynamics of profitability in the household and commercial property markets since 2006.
- Analysis of the top insurer's cost structures in the household and commercial property market.
- The COR in the commercial property market rose above 100% in 2010.
- Allianz and Munich Re achieved the lowest COR in the commercial property market.
- The COR in the household insurance market rose to 98.8% in 2010.
Reasons to buy:
- How profitable was the UK property insurance market in 2010?
- Which insurers achieved the lowest COR in the UK property insurance market in 2010?
- What is the cost structure of competing insurers?
UK HOUSEHOLD PERFORMANCE RATIOS ANALYSIS
•The COR increased to 98.8% in
?An increase in the loss ratio caused the market's COR to rise
?The loss ratio rose to 61.0% in
?The expense ratio remained stable over the reported period
•The top 10 household insurers had an average COR of 104.5%
?Lloyds Banking Group achieved the lowest COR in 2010
UK COMMERCIAL PROPERTY PERFORMANCE RATIOS ANALYSIS
•The COR rose above 100% in
?A high loss ratio resulted in a COR of 105.9% in
?The loss ratio reached 61.0% in
?The expense ratio decreased in
•The average COR of the top 10 insurers was 109.1% in
?Allianz achieved the lowest COR
?Reported year combined ratio
•Ask the analyst
•Table: UK household insurance market performance ratios (%), 2006–
•Table: Top 10 UK household insurance groups' performance ratios (%), 2010
•Table: UK commercial property market performance ratios (%), 2007–10
•Table: Top 10 UK commercial property insurance groups' performance ratios (%), 2010
•Table: Top 20 UK household insurers and total market size by gross written premiums (£000s), 2007–10
•Table: Top 20 UK commercial property insurers and total market size by gross written premiums (£000s), 2007–10
•Figure: The market loss ratio increased 5.8 percentage points in
•Figure: Lloyd's Banking Group had the lowest COR in the household insurance market in
•Figure: NFU Mutual's loss ratio rose above 100% in
•Figure: The COR rose above 100% in
•Figure: Allianz achieved the lowest COR in the commercial property market in
•Figure: AIG suffered the highest COR
- General Mills, Inc.
- Hutchison 3G UK Limited
- Munich Re