Banco HSBC Salvadoreño S.A. Dec 11
- ID: 2034688
- December 2011
- Standard & Poors
Moderately strategic subsidiary of HSBC Holdings PLC; Third-largest bank in Salvadorian ranking in terms of assets, deposits, and capital; and Diversified loan portfolio with a lower-than-peer exposure to real state loans. Weak reserve coverage of about 77% in 2011, which is in 12th place in the banking system; and Small Salvadorian economy with low growth prospects. Standard & Poor's Ratings Services' ratings on Banco HSBC Salvadoreño reflect its "adequate" (as our criteria define it) business position, capital and earnings, risk position, and liquidity, and "average" funding. They also reflect its status as a moderately strategic subsidiary of London-based HSBC Holdings PLC (AA-/Stable/A-1+). Banco HSBC Salvadoreño operates in the same business lines as its parent, it's closely linked to the parent's...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Full Analysis
- Banco Davivienda Salvadoreno S.A
- HSBC USA Inc.
- HSBC Bank PLC
- HSBC Bank USA N.A.
- HSBC France
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd.
- HSBC Holdings Luxembourg S.A.
- HSBC Bank Canada
- HSBC Finance Corp.
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- HSBC Bank Australia Ltd.
- HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) S.A.
- The Saudi British Bank
- Hang Seng Bank Limited
- HSBC Mexico S.A.
- HSBC USA Capital Trust I
- HSBC USA Capital Trust III
- Hang Seng Insurance Co. Ltd.
- HSBC Insurance (Asia) Ltd.
- HSBC USA Capital Trust II
- HSBC Bank Brasil S.A.
- HSBC Life (International) Ltd.
- HSBC Capital Funding (Sterling 1) L.P.
- HSBC Capital Funding (Dollar 1) L.P.
- HSBC Private Banking Holdings (Suisse) S.A.
- HSBC Bank Bermuda Ltd.
- HSBC Bank Capital Funding (Sterling 1) L.P.
- HSBC Private Bank (Monaco) S.A.
- HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.
- HSBC Bank A.S.
- Hang Seng Bank (China) Limited
- HSBC Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd.
- QBE General Insurance (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. (Sydney Branch)
- Banistmo S.A.
- HSBC Private Bank (C.I.) Ltd
- HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Ltd.
- HSBC Bank Kazakhstan JSC