• 1-800-526-8630U.S. (TOLL FREE)
  • 1-917-300-0470EAST COAST U.S.
  • +353-1-416-8900REST OF WORLD
S&P Report Says The Eurozone Should Leave Its Mild Recession Behind By Late 2012, Despite Risks Feb 12 Product Image

S&P Report Says The Eurozone Should Leave Its Mild Recession Behind By Late 2012, Despite Risks Feb 12

  • ID: 2047754
  • February 2012
  • Standard & Poors

Abstract
PARIS (Standard & Poor's) Feb. 2, 2012--The eurozone should gradually climb out of its mild recession in the second half of this year and into 2013, said Standard & Poor's today in announcing the publication of its report "Assessing The Severity Of The Eurozone Recession Is A Close Call." "The core countries will likely lead the way back to growth, with other member countries delivering diverging performances," said Jean-Michel Six, Standard & Poor's EMEA chief economist. Under our baseline forecast for 2012-2013, which we updated at the end of 2011, we project flat GDP growth for the eurozone as a whole in 2012 and 1% growth in 2013. We currently assign a 60% probability to our baseline forecast, versus 40%...

Action: General Comment

Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.

Research type: News
This product is a is a brief one-page announcement of no more than 500 words with a quote from the analyst. It is media and investor focused with no accompanying commentary article.

Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown

RELATED PRODUCTS