Bauxite Mining Market in Europe to 2020 - Market Characterized by Increased Regional Demand for Aluminum Backed by Significant Reserves
- Language: English
- 61 Pages
- Published: May 2012
- Region: Europe
The mining industry in Russia recovered greatly after the global economic meltdown and is expected to experience steady, but slow growth in the coming years. The iron and steel segment was the most lucrative segment of the industry, while the precious metals and minerals segment contributed revenues of over $16 billion in 2010. Given the centrality of scale economies within the metals and mining industry, there is a continuing tendency towards concentration in the Russian mining industry.
Russia is the largest producer of palladium and nickel in the world but the country's share of the global output is expected to fall as nickel output picks up in Canada, and palladium output increased in South Africa.
Russia is also one of the largest producers of platinum and the growth in platinum production in Russia is expected to be driven by Norilsk Nickel's expanded operations in the country. Norilsk Nickel, Severstal, Amur Minerals, are some of the leading players in the industry, and as these companies expand their operations and new mines become operational in the coming years, the Russian mining industry is looking at a steady level of growth till 2015.
In this industry scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Mining Industry in Russia. The report covers the following:
- An industry definition.
- A brief analysis of the European mining industry.
- An analysis of the Russian mining industry includes market profile, industry statistics, market value and volume analysis, an industry segmentation and a regional market share analysis.
- Analysis of the regulatory framework governing the mining industry in Russia. We also look at the overhaul of the tax regime undertaken by the Russian government in 2001, along with the laws for intellectual property protection, problems with infrastructure, FDI policies, amongst others. The issue of corruption in Russia is also discussed.
- An analysis of the various commodity markets in Russia. Markets analyzed include the market for nickel, palladium and platinum. For each commodity, we analyze production statistics, new projects, existing projects, major producers, and the industry profile.
- We include a Porter’s Five Forces analysis on the Russian mining industry, which focuses on factors governing competitive forces in the market.
- Competition in the industry is analyzed through a competitive landscape, along with an analysis of the major industry trends.
- Major players are analyzed through a company overview, analysis of the major business segments, and a SWOT analysis.
- An industry forecast completes this analysis.
Taiyou Research’s presentation on the Mining Industry in Russia is a comprehensive coverage of this growing industry. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive Summary
2. Industry Definition
3. European Mining Industry: Brief Profile
4. Russia Mining Industry
4.1 Market Profile
4.2 Industry Statistics
4.3 Market Value & Volume Analysis
4.4 Industry Segmentation
4.5 Regional Market Share
5. Russia Metals & Mining Industry: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2 Power of Buyers
5.3 Power of Suppliers
5.4 Competitive Rivalry
5.5 New Entrants in the Industry
5.6 Presence of Substitutes
6. Industry Trends
7. Regulatory Framework
7.1 Industry Regulations
7.2 Legal Framework
7.3 IP Laws
7.4 Property Laws
7.5 FDI Policy
7.6 Foreign Trade & Trade Laws
7.7 Lack of Proper Infrastructure
7.8 Issue with Corruption
8. Nickel Market in Russia
9. Palladium Market in Russia
10. Platinum Market in Russia
11. Competition in the Industry
12. Major Industry Players
12.1 Amur Minerals Corporation
12.1.1 Company Overview
12.1.2 Business Segments
12.1.3 SWOT Analysis
12.2 Eurasia Mining
12.2.1 Company Overview
12.2.2 Business Segments
12.2.3 SWOT Analysis
12.3.1 Company Overview
12.3.2 Business Segments
12.3.3 SWOT Analysis
12.4 Norilsk Nickel
12.4.1 Company Overview
12.4.2 Business Segments
12.4.3 SWOT Analysis
12.5 United Company Rusal Plc
13. Industry Forecast
List of Figures
Figure 1: Value of the Russian Metals & Mining Industry (USD Billion) (2006-2010)
Figure 2: Volume of Russian Metals & Mining Industry (Million Metric Ton) (2006-2010)
Figure 3: Industry Segments of the Russian Metals & Mining Industry, 2010
Figure 4: Russia’s Market Share of the European Metals & Mining Industry, 2010
Figure 5: Porter's Five Forces Analysis of the Russian Metals and Mining Industry
Figure 6: Value of the Russian Mining Industry & Percentage of Change Y-o-Y (2008-2015)
Figure 7: Nickel, Palladium, and Platinum Production in Russia (2009-2015)
Figure 8: Nickel Production in Russia and Major Producers
Figure 9: Major Russian Palladium Producers in 2010
Figure 10: Major Russian Platinum Producers in 2010
Figure 11: Forecast for the Russian Metals & Mining Industry (USD Billion) (2010-2015)
Figure 12: Value of Russian Metals & Mining Industry (Million Metric Ton) (2010-2015)
List of Tables
Table 1: Value of the Russian Metals & Mining Industry (USD Billion) (2006-2010)
Table 2: Volume of Russian Metals & Mining Industry (Million Metric Ton) (2006-2010)
Table 3: Industry Segments of the Russian Metals & Mining Industry, 2010
Table 4: Russia’s Market Share of the European Metals & Mining Industry, 2010
Table 5: Major Nickel, Platinum and Palladium Projects in Russia
Table 6: Russia Mining Industry Value & Real Growth (2008-2015)
Table 7: Major Nickel Expansion Plans in Russia
Table 8: Nickel Production in Russia
Table 9: Expansion Plans for Palladium in Russia
Table 10: Palladium Production in Russia (2008-2015)
Table 11: Expansion Plans for Platinum in Russia
Table 12: Platinum Production in Russia (2008-2015)
Table 13: Forecast for the Russian Metals & Mining Industry (USD Billion) (2010-2015)
Table 14: Value of Russian Metals & Mining Industry (Million Metric Ton) (2010-2015)
- Amur Minerals Corporation
- Eurasia Mining
- Norilsk Nickel
- United Company Rusal Plc