- Published: May 2012
- Region: Global
Canfor Corporation (CFP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Published: December 2013
- Region: Global
- 29 pages
Canfor Corporation (CFP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Canfor Corporation ( Canfor ) is an integrated forest products company . The company products includes Western & Eastern SPF Framing Lumber, Canfor Red, Canfor Southern Pine, Wood in Everyday Life, Canfor Pulp and Export Grade SPF. Canfor also produces softwood lumber, oriented strand board, remanufactured lumber products, and specialized wood products. The company operates through three segments namely Lumber, Pulp and Paper and Other Operations. Its key subsidiaries includes Canadian Forest Products Ltd and New South Companies Inc. The company operates in British Columbia, Alberta, Quebec, Washington State, and North and South Carolina. The company is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Canfor Corporation - Key Facts
Canfor Corporation - Key Employees
Canfor Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Canfor Corporation - Major Products and Services
Canfor Corporation - History
Canfor Corporation - Company Statement
Canfor Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Canfor Corporation - Business Description
Canfor Corporation - Corporate Strategy
Canfor Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Canfor Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Efficient Production Capabilities
Strength - Business Diversity
Strength - Increasing Margins and Return
Canfor Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Highly Leveraged
Canfor Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Potential OSB Market
Opportunity - Chinese Demand for Canadian Lumber
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: Sustainable & Green Construction
Canfor Corporation - Threats
Threat - Governmental Regulations
Threat - Stiff Competition
Threat - Forest Damage: Mountain Pine Beetle
Canfor Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Canfor Corporation, Key Facts
Canfor Corporation, Key Employees
Canfor Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
Canfor Corporation, Major Products and Services
Canfor Corporation, History
Canfor Corporation, Other Locations
Canfor Corporation, Subsidiaries
Canfor Corporation, Joint Venture
Canfor Corporation, Key Competitors
Canfor Corporation, Ratios based on current share price
Canfor Corporation, Annual Ratios
Canfor Corporation, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Canfor Corporation, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Canfor Corporation, Ratio Charts
Smurfit Kappa Group plc
J.D. Irving, Limited
Neenah Paper, Inc.
Tolko Industries Ltd.
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.